UVI Vintage Vault. Anyone using?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Quiloc Lim

15 Mar 2018

Any Reason users here using Vintage Vault VST s? I'm a RE guy, but I'm also very intrigued by all the retro in this Vintage Vault. :-D
https://www.uvi.net/vintage-vault-2.html
PP_VINTAGE_VAULT_2_GUI_PATCH.jpg
PP_VINTAGE_VAULT_2_GUI_PATCH.jpg (279.75 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

QVprod

15 Mar 2018

Slight warning. Not all of those instruments are full synths. I have Digital Synthsations which is extremely limited beyond the presets that are given. You can't really build custom patches with them outside of creating multi's in the UVI player. I also have Mello on the other hand, which is pretty good. However, for the price, Personally I think you may get more value out of Arturia V collection as all of the included instruments are full emulations.

Loque

16 Mar 2018

In case you are interested in Arturia and maybe Soundtoys, consider this:
https://reverb.com/software/effects/sou ... llection-5

Please note, this contains the old Arturia collection without the 3 new devices (i think).
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

16 Mar 2018

Sounds a bit like IK's Syntronik - you can tweak things a bit, but as it's mainly sample-based based you're largely stuck within the (really good) presets.

tobypearce

16 Mar 2018

It is like syntronic.

I have VV2, and my experience is:
Every time I dig into it I find it excellent - sound quality superb, and GUI is always very well thought out. That's what UVI are special at.
I don't use it as much as I ought to though. There's some kind of weird psychology in having so many synths at hand. Unlike Dune or Thor or Subtractor, where I know exactly when I'm gonna go to them to get a sound, I don't have this with the UVI stuff. There is so much to choose from that I have to think - right, time to find something there, for a change.
But when I do I am normally pleased I did!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Quiloc Lim

16 Mar 2018

Thank you for the quick replies. Based on the responses..... I'm going to give Vintage Vault a pass. It's a lot of money for what's basically a sample play back. device in shiny wrappers. :-) I can buy some new REs and refills and save some money at the same time. :-D Thanks again.

Lizard

16 Mar 2018

I have a few UVI products but not the full vault. In fact most of the things were the things you really don't see anywhere else like the Acoustic and Electronic Toys library (awesome if you find it on sale). But the few I do have are just sample sets and really not full synths. It is a lot like IK's Syntronik which for the record is not all that special in Reason. All the controls have no way to remote to your controller so it is basically a big preset machine unless you want to work some heavy mouse action.

Mimicking others the GUI's are beautiful, sounds are good but flexibility not so much. I'd rather go for a package like Arturia where you get 21 or so true instruments and synths that are well modeled many of which are also in the Vintage Vault. These include the Fairlight CMI, the Synclavier, the Prophet 5 and VS and the Oberheim Matrix 12. I think it currently runs at $499 but I got my first version and have seen subsequent ones offered for around $299 at select times of the year (typically around Christmas).

Soeno

16 Mar 2018

sadly the have no demos, it´s surely good sounding, i would also prefer Arturia for nostalgic synth sounds,
but their new Piano looks interesting
https://www.uvi.net/augmented-piano.html

Soeno

13 Apr 2018

there is a 25% sale atm

groggy1

13 Apr 2018

Soeno wrote:
13 Apr 2018
there is a 25% sale atm
Thanks for the sale info!

Btw, I got into UVI a couple months ago, since some of their retro synths appealed to me.
I used to use Kontact, but I never really liked it. The effects are good, but I was never thrilled with the built-in reverb, for example. To me, Kontact feels like a reaktor instrument, just a bit weird on the GUI side.

Anyway, I've been getting into UVI more and more, and i really like it. Their spark reverb is awesome. And overall, the UI just fits me better (it almost reminds me of Reason, strangely).

Soeno

14 Apr 2018

Falcon would be 261,00 € incl. a 100 € voucher

• Information