Reason 9.5 and 32-bit VSTs

Discuss VST stuff here!
Mark7ones

14 Mar 2018

I'm using Reason 9.5 as main daw, but I need to use 32-bit plugins too.

Possible solutions and/or workarounds:

-jBridge (already tried... bugged, doesn't work properly...)

-Rewiring some daw with support for 32-bit VSTs (eg. Cubase, but I should probably buy a license and I read that jBridge is more stable... what?!)

-MiniHost: is my favorite solution, works better than jBridge and allows me to play a 32-bit VST and record a MIDI track within Reason.

So, what is the problem?

The VST is loaded in MiniHost not in Reason, so if I playback the track I hear nothing.
External MIDI Instrument could be a solution, but it's only for hardware devices...

In conclusion, how I can route the audio signal from MiniHost to an audio track in Reason and record it?
Any idea...?

P.s. I could record the VST track in a 32-bit daw and exporting it as .wav. Ok, but for different reasons, I would like to record it directly into Reason.

Mark7ones

14 Mar 2018

Sorry, I forgot the Loop Back of my Focusrite... :oops:
Probably I did the same question one year ago or more on some other forum... as well as I probably have Alzheimer's disease.
However, for those with the same problem, the solution is very simple.
Buy a sound card that has Loop Back, route the Loop Back output to Reason, create an audio track with Loop Back as input and record! :)

Mark7ones

14 Mar 2018

MiniHost Preferences:

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2018

Stupid question, but are you wiring up the outputs of your plugins within MINIHOST like the following photo?

One more question...Are you using the MINIHOST Modular VST, or using it as standalone? If using Standalone, try the VST version from withing Reason. You add it as a VST device (Instrument in this case) and add your 32bit plugin in there. Then it is all wired up and ready to record as any other VST instrument in Reason.

Mark7ones

14 Mar 2018

Despondo wrote:
14 Mar 2018
Stupid question, but are you wiring up the outputs of your plugins within MINIHOST like the following photo?

One more question...Are you using the MINIHOST Modular VST, or using it as standalone? If using Standalone, try the VST version from withing Reason. You add it as a VST device (Instrument in this case) and add your 32bit plugin in there. Then it is all wired up and ready to record as any other VST instrument in Reason.
I'm using only one VST, anyway yes... that's the correct wiring.
MIDI In (cyan) to VST and from VST to Audio Out (yellow).
Unfortunately, if you need a 32-bit VST you have to use MiniHost 32-bit in standalone version.
Reason can load only MiniHost 64-bit VST and MiniHost 64-bit cannot load a 32-bit plugin.
Now, my solution is not perfect; with Loop Back you record every sound.
So if I want to record using a click I record the click too... but if you are not overdubbing and only need to record a track with your VST it's ok.
This is what I got at the moment.
I don't know if I can configure the Focusrite panel to solve this "problem"... but it's better than nothing.

P.s.
I tried jBridge and Ableton 32-bit and got crashes... :cry:
No problems with MiniHost.

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2018

Mark7ones wrote:
14 Mar 2018
Unfortunately, if you need a 32-bit VST you have to use MiniHost 32-bit in standalone version.
Reason can load only MiniHost 64-bit VST and MiniHost 64-bit cannot load a 32-bit plugin.
Oh, right! I am on a Mac and was loading an AU version of a VST that was only 32bit as a VST on OSX. That AU was a 64bit, so I forgot about the versioning issue inside of MINIHOST in Reason....

• Information