... works fine in Reason

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2018

The website is constipated

Nevermind it just worked

eusti

12 Mar 2018

Thanks for this. Managed to create an account and download the plugin... Now the issue is that it thinks I'm not connected to the internet... :(

D.

Soeno

12 Mar 2018

eusti wrote:
12 Mar 2018
Thanks for this. Managed to create an account and download the plugin... Now the issue is that it thinks I'm not connected to the internet... :(

D.
first i had the same issue with Studio One, then in Reason it works straightaway

eusti

12 Mar 2018

Soeno wrote:
12 Mar 2018
eusti wrote:
12 Mar 2018

D.
first i had the same issue with Studio One, then in Reason it works straightaway
Interesting! Thanks for getting back to me... Might be an issue with their website... Here I have issues even in stand alone mode at this time...

D.

Soeno

12 Mar 2018

when you get the code it´s ok imo, haven´t tested it, maybe it´s a goodie or just promo...
the site is probably slooow, try later

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2018

That's very generous.

But does it sound different in anyway to other EQs? Or is it just a new GUI? Selig, help me out here. :lol: Can I make it sound the same with GQ-7?
The little experience I've had with VSTs has left a sour taste in my mouth unfortunately.
I remember when I bought my latest soundcard. I got a couple of plugins/VSTs for free. I think I had to create 3-4 accounts in total and then there was further problems with the installations, iloks and shit. In the end I just said "f*** this, I'll stick to my rack extensions instead".

But maybe this is somehow a super EQ and it's worth some potential suffering. :D Is it?

MarkTarlton

12 Mar 2018

nice an api 550 style eq!

it looks like it has the same bandpass filter that suppresses frequencies below 50Hz and above 15kHz....use for a subtly rounder sound.

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2018

Whew, their plan almost worked on me. Without this offer, I wouldn't have even glanced at their website - but I did, and I took a look at the products they offered and almost bought something, but then I realized I was being manipulated so I controlled my GAS and now I will probably never buy anything from them especially since I am no longer being influenced by their marketing witchcraft. Eventide and Soundtoys though, totally bamboozled me with their free plugins as I now own everything they have, lol. But it won't work this time Overloud. NOPE.

Thanks for the free plugin though!
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

12 Mar 2018

hurricane wrote:
12 Mar 2018
Whew, their plan almost worked on me. Without this offer, I wouldn't have even glanced at their website - but I did, and I took a look at the products they offered and almost bought something, but then I realized I was being manipulated so I controlled my GAS and now I will probably never buy anything from them especially since I am no longer being influenced by their marketing witchcraft. Eventide and Soundtoys though, totally bamboozled me with their free plugins as I now own everything they have, lol. But it won't work this time Overloud. NOPE.

Thanks for the free plugin though!
I know what you mean... I also checked their stuff, but it is overpriced bs imo.

From Soundtoys it worked to me. I discovered their delay and wanted it, but the rest was more like "meehh..." and the prices was like "mmmnnno!", but i got all their stuff plus all stuff from Arturia quite cheap. The exact price it was worth it for me at this moment. I don't regret it, good stuff, all, but not worth 1000€ without discount.

And this eq550 for 130€? Lol, no :D
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Mar 2018
That's very generous.

But does it sound different in anyway to other EQs? Or is it just a new GUI? Selig, help me out here. :lol: Can I make it sound the same with GQ-7?
The little experience I've had with VSTs has left a sour taste in my mouth unfortunately.
I remember when I bought my latest soundcard. I got a couple of plugins/VSTs for free. I think I had to create 3-4 accounts in total and then there was further problems with the installations, iloks and shit. In the end I just said "f*** this, I'll stick to my rack extensions instead".

But maybe this is somehow a super EQ and it's worth some potential suffering. :D Is it?
I just watched the video…
First comment, they claim a "unique proportional Q", and almost every EQ out today has proportional Q (though they all do it slightly differently). Some even offer proportional and non-proportional EQ choices (cough, cough)…

I can't say how it sounds, but the original hardware version is very popular, and a personal favorite of mine (especially for drums).

Can you do the same or similar things with other EQs? Depends on how flexible they are, but I'd guess the answer is yes, in some cases you can.

The solo feature on each band and the harmonics generation wouldn't be something you could re-create with the GQ7 - but remember I just released my own EQ, which CAN solo each band and add harmonics based on the frequency you are working with, so I'm obviously biased!

I'm a fan of API EQs, but feel a well appointed and versatile EQ can do far more than the APIs could ever dream of doing, at least in my experience and for the work I do. For a product like this, the attraction would be more about familiarity with the original, and the question of whether or not you can get the desired results more quickly with this EQ vs a more general purpose EQ like the GQ7, or FabFilter EQ, or (of course) the Selig ColoringEQ.

You KNOW I can't respond to an EQ question without mentioning my own product…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

demt

12 Mar 2018

I to find it's telling me it carnt connect to the internet
However I bought TH3 guitar emulator from them a month ago and am impressed
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2018

demt wrote:
12 Mar 2018
Same here

eusti

12 Mar 2018

demt wrote:
12 Mar 2018
Their customer service got back to me within minutes and said that their website is just under a lot of stress and to try it later...
I did and was able to register the EQ then easily...

D.

moneykube

12 Mar 2018

registered but 1000 cap a day on downloads
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Oquasec

13 Mar 2018

Prolly gonna have to wait till like 2 hours from now lol
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

moneykube

13 Mar 2018

Oquasec wrote:
13 Mar 2018
Prolly gonna have to wait till like 2 hours from now lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: was not sure where or when they were located... maybe a little more then an hour :puf_wink:
:puf_unhappy: um no... https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/italy/rome
woohoo... thanks for the heads up... I have it
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

michal22

13 Mar 2018

Thanks for the information. :)
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2018

selig wrote:
12 Mar 2018
TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Mar 2018
That's very generous.

I just watched the video…
First comment, they claim a "unique proportional Q", and almost every EQ out today has proportional Q (though they all do it slightly differently). Some even offer proportional and non-proportional EQ choices (cough, cough)…

I can't say how it sounds, but the original hardware version is very popular, and a personal favorite of mine (especially for drums).

Can you do the same or similar things with other EQs? Depends on how flexible they are, but I'd guess the answer is yes, in some cases you can.

The solo feature on each band and the harmonics generation wouldn't be something you could re-create with the GQ7 - but remember I just released my own EQ, which CAN solo each band and add harmonics based on the frequency you are working with, so I'm obviously biased!

I'm a fan of API EQs, but feel a well appointed and versatile EQ can do far more than the APIs could ever dream of doing, at least in my experience and for the work I do. For a product like this, the attraction would be more about familiarity with the original, and the question of whether or not you can get the desired results more quickly with this EQ vs a more general purpose EQ like the GQ7, or FabFilter EQ, or (of course) the Selig ColoringEQ.

You KNOW I can't respond to an EQ question without mentioning my own product…
;)
Thanks for the response. I try my best not to become a plugin hoarder. It's easy to get drawn in by free stuff. But I try not to let price be a deciding factor to get something or not.
I have no familiarity or nostalgic moments with hardware stuff so that argument goes out pretty quickly.
By your description this EQ doesn't sound like something that would be very important to me, but who knows really? After all I remember reading the description for Legend when it was first released and my initial thought was "Why would I want something that's based on some old piece of junk, I want new stuff". Well let's just say I changed my mind pretty quickly on that one :D But REs are easy to try, VSTs are more of a hassle.

I did try your EQ and like you said it has some advantages over GQ-7 especially the solo button imo. But in the end GQ-7 won because I liked the GUI better, bigger display and it pretty much does everything I need from a go-to EQ. It's quick and looks clean.
I do own one VST, or rather a collection of plugins, I recently purchased Ozone 8 Advanced and I'm quite satisfied with the saturation/exciter part which is partly why I bought it. If I didn't buy that I'd probably be considering your EQ a second time for the saturation part.

Nothing wrong with some shameless self promotion here and there :D especially if the person makes good REs.

• Information