Arturia Effects Plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2018

Looks like Arturia has some new kit. On sale until April 5th. What are your thoughts?

https://www.arturia.com/support/effectslanding

Half a century of hit-making tone, right in your DAW

Get ready to start using the iconic sound of analog studio gear and synth filters in your digital studio. Shaping the sound of popular music for decades, this amazing hardware is now available as 6 exciting plugins, and 2 essential bundles.

There are so many plugins available to the modern music maker. Some you’ll love, some you’ll use occasionally, and others you’ll simply forget. By combining the sound of the finest vintage gear with creative contemporary features, we have not only brought you plugins you’ll love, but plugins you’ll actually use.

Load up these plugins, and start exploring the sound-shaping power and tonal character that defined music for generations.

QVprod

08 Mar 2018

Have the minifilter v as they gave it away for free not too long ago. Can’t comment on quality as I’m no expert on filters. Interested in the “preamps” though. Curious if they’re preamps like the slate plugins or simply EQs with a saturation stage.

jayhosking

08 Mar 2018

I'll be trialling these soon, as Arturia has a decent price for all 6 if you own their other stuff. I don't like the idea of working with a VST filter (and it not visible in rack), but the price difference between buying only the preamps and getting the filters is nominal.

hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2018

Yeah, that's why I just snagged all of these for $99 - the loyalty price is too good. And the Gearslutz guys seem to be loving these. I also don't have a Trident emulation. Very exciting.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2018

Here's a pad from the Blackhole RE played through several M12 filter factory presets. The first 7 seconds is the original patch. Headphones or good speakers recommended.

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Despondo
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2018

hurricane wrote:
09 Mar 2018
Here's a pad from the Blackhole RE played through several M12 filter factory presets. The first 7 seconds is the original patch. Headphones or good speakers recommended.

Thanks for sharing. I ended up pulling the trigger last night as well due to the loyalty price as well. ;-) Looking forward to using these in my tracks.

manuel radioact77

09 Mar 2018

I bought the 3 filter bundle. I think they are great, you can get really creative with it, well worth the 49 euros price. Work great in Reason 9.5.2. wind 7.

Can someone tell if the 3 amp bundle lives to the expectation of the great "pro" analog hardware they are supposed to emulate?
Or, even if they are not exacly the same thing (of course they aren't), if they are worth the price (69 euros the bundle, introduction price) and can get really usefull in a positive way in instruments/ voices, sub mixes, etc? Compared with UAD, Softube plug ins?

Peace :)

jayhosking

09 Mar 2018

hurricane wrote:
09 Mar 2018

Thanks so much for posting this. It's a more convincing showcase of the filter than the ones on Arturia's website.

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2018

Here's the SEM filter in action. A Hive pad played through the SEM's factory presets.

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

09 Mar 2018

hurricane wrote:
09 Mar 2018
Here's the SEM filter in action. A Hive pad played through the SEM's factory presets.

Again, these sound really great. Thanks.

hurricane
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2018

Might as well do the Mini-Filter.

I tried to feature its "raw-ness". This thing is INTENSE.

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

jayhosking

10 Mar 2018

Finally tried these out last night. Again, I'm more interested in them for the pre-amps and their colour/saturation. But that Mini filter is superb. Not sure I'd get much use out of the other two, but they're both nice enough and interesting alternatives to reaching for Synchronous.

There are also two really great bonus features to the pre-amps: the automatic gain adjust, which is fast and accurate and ensures that the only differences you're hearing is in tone/colour/etc. and not in volume; and the bypass button right on board in the plug-in, so I don't have to use the bypass button in Reason (which takes a few more clicks and can close the VST panel).

At $100 for all six, this is a decent bundle.

• Information