NI Razor Glitches in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
digitalhecht

04 Mar 2018

Hi Folks,
As my personal 4-year-old Lenovo Y510p Windows 10 laptop (i7-4700, 16GB RAM, GeForce 2GB VRAM) seems to be on death's door, I am using my work-issued Windows 10 HP ZBook (i7-6820, 16GB RAM, Quadro M1000M4GB VRAM) temporarily for music. (The Zbook is otherwise a quite capable machine for everything else multimedia-related.) While NI Razor (a Reaktor synth, FYI) works fine in standalone mode, inexplicably it is a nightmare inside Reason 10 on this newer machine: Glitches, dropouts, artifacts galore. The same for Form, another Reaktor synth-which pretty much rhythmically pushes the DSP into the red! (Native Reaktor ensembles seems to work without issue. And I only mention GPUs here as I noticed people had specified in other threads. No idea how display cards would affect audio. But I'm dumm...)
Other NI plugins (Absynth, Massive, Kontakt) seem fine as well. It glitches whether I use ASIO4ALL or the Presonus AudioBox ASIO drivers. Ideas? I may be stuck with my work machine for a while...
Thanks in advance!
Ed

MannequinRaces

04 Mar 2018

Works fine for me on OSX. Hoping somebody on Win 10 has a solution for you. It’s an awesome synth!

digitalhecht

04 Mar 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
04 Mar 2018
Works fine for me on OSX. Hoping somebody on Win 10 has a solution for you. It’s an awesome synth!
Thanks. Related, I just downloaded the Reaper trial and no issues with Razor there at all...

platzangst

05 Mar 2018

In a similar vein, I was having problems with some iZotope plugins that overloaded my W10 system far more readily in Reason than they did in Reaper. Somewhere in this forum I read that turning off "hyperthreading" in Reason's Preferences seemed to improve performance, so I tried that and it did seem to make the plugins work better. Perhaps that would help for the NI stuff in your case.

digitalhecht

05 Mar 2018

platzangst wrote:
05 Mar 2018
In a similar vein, I was having problems with some iZotope plugins that overloaded my W10 system far more readily in Reason than they did in Reaper. Somewhere in this forum I read that turning off "hyperthreading" in Reason's Preferences seemed to improve performance, so I tried that and it did seem to make the plugins work better. Perhaps that would help for the NI stuff in your case.
Thanks so much, platzangst. Unchecking hyperthreading did the trick!

Soeno

05 Mar 2018

good to know

Hauser+Quaid

14 Mar 2018

I have the same issue on OSX, and yes it disappears when I turn off hyperthreading. One odd way around it for me where I can leave hyperthreading on and it still works is by using it inside an instance of Maschine. This seems to work with a few other glitchy VSTs. Even Serum performs better inside Maschine especially as far as graphics are concerned. Not sure what the issue is but hope it gets fixed in future updates...

• Information