Bouncing VSTS to audio

Discuss VST stuff here!
slory99

09 Feb 2018

I have a number of VST samplers. When I bounce midi to audio in Reason the audio is clipping when I use the Eastwest Play VST. The samples are large and many 24 bit. I have a monster PC with 64MB Ram and a recent AMD cpu.
How can I avoid clippimg? Can I route the VST to an audio track, while I am playing a midi controller?

Jowe79

10 Feb 2018

Yes plz!! I want know more opinions and comments!!:)

Oquasec

10 Feb 2018

Setting the desktop to backround services really affects it.
Programs will be optimized for programs so it really depends on what you wanna allocate the cpu to.
The asio backround service or the program using the asio?

Also make sure nothing is clipping.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

QVprod

10 Feb 2018

If the audio from a bounced VST is clipping then the volume within the plugin was probably too high. Turn down the volume inside of the plugin.

EnochLight

17 Feb 2018

Oquasec wrote:
10 Feb 2018
Setting the desktop to backround services really affects it.
Programs will be optimized for programs so it really depends on what you wanna allocate the cpu to.
The asio backround service or the program using the asio?
This has absolutely nothing to do with clipping audio while rendering VST, RE, stock devices, or anything else. Not sure where you got that from. :shock: :o
Oquasec wrote:
10 Feb 2018
Also make sure nothing is clipping.
Agreed! :) Sounds like both slory99 and Jowe79 need to turn the volume down on their VST.
Last edited by EnochLight on 17 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

17 Feb 2018

slory99 wrote:
09 Feb 2018
How can I avoid clipping?
Turn the volume down on the problem plugins or your entire mix. That is literally the only reason you're clipping.
slory99 wrote:
09 Feb 2018
Can I route the VST to an audio track, while I am playing a midi controller?
Of course! On the VST rack device Mix Channel, click the "REC SOURCE" box. This makes the instrument available in the Audio Input from a list of drop down options as a record source. Then, create an Audio Channel, and from the rack device Audio Channel, select that instrument in the "AUDIO INPUT" drop down list. Be sure you check off stereo/mono, etc. Before you begin recording, arm the track in the sequencer by selecting the red bullseye icon called "Record Enable".

That said, don't forget you can just record the instrument via MIDI input in it's own Mix Channel sequencer track as well...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information