Amp Envelope for Vst?

Discuss VST stuff here!
mlkii

07 Feb 2018

I just bought Analog Lab 2 Vst from Arturia. With it, comes >5600 presets from 17 Vst instruments from Arturia. The catch is that the presets cannot be adjusted. Therefore, there is no internal amp envelope (ASDR). Of course, I can effect the audio post-vst.

I would like to know if there is a way integrate an amp envelope to the vst. I understand that sustain, delay, and release may not be possible. That would need to be inherent to the instrument right? However, I do think that adjusting the attack would be possible. I cannot figure out how to do it using reason stock devices.

any ideas?

MikeMcKew

07 Feb 2018

I went ahead and moved this to the VST Plugins forum, where I think you might find more relevant answers. :)

I'm not in front of Reason at the moment and I'm not familiar with these instruments, but I feel like this would be possible with CV. If you can "draw" the amp envelope with a CV generator then route that to the volume/gain of the instrument (that can at least be adjusted, right?), you may be able to come close. You could even take another synth's envelope (like Europa) and route that to the CV Out, and use that. Maybe the rub would be how to trigger that when you trigger a note from the instrument... I'm curious about this one! Hope you get it figured out!
mlkii wrote:
07 Feb 2018
I just bought Analog Lab 2 Vst from Arturia. With it, comes >5600 presets from 17 Vst instruments from Arturia. The catch is that the presets cannot be adjusted. Therefore, there is no internal amp envelope (ASDR). Of course, I can effect the audio post-vst.

I would like to know if there is a way integrate an amp envelope to the vst. I understand that sustain, delay, and release may not be possible. That would need to be inherent to the instrument right? However, I do think that adjusting the attack would be possible. I cannot figure out how to do it using reason stock devices.

any ideas?

antic604

07 Feb 2018

mlkii wrote:
07 Feb 2018

any ideas?
You could use Shape LFO Editor to modulate VST's gain (or any other parameter inside the VST) and it would be triggered by MIDI notes from the sequencer.

• Information