Ozone, Neutron & RX updated with "Support for Reason 10"

Discuss VST stuff here!
antic604

06 Feb 2018

It seems iZotope products were updated and they mention "Support for Reason 10" specifically:
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/izotope-u ... d-rx-40207

I'm at work now, but hopefully it means side-chaining works now :)

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018
It seems iZotope products were updated and they mention "Support for Reason 10" specifically:

Thanks for the update! Sadly, none of these are showing up in iZotope's own "Prodcut Portal" app. :( You have to manually log into your account and track each update down the old fashioned way. Still, thanks for sharing - some good bug fixes in these as well!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

antic604

06 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2018
antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018

Thanks for the update! Sadly, none of these are showing up in iZotope's own "Prodcut Portal" app. :(
Good you're telling this. I was actually planning to install the Product Portal later today to not miss on future updates... Might as well pass on it :)

danc

06 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018

Side-chaining... does it now work?? The answer is... NO. It still doesn't work. Maybe it is me and I'm doing something wrong, but I can't believe that they state that the latest version is Reason 10 compatible and totally ignore fixing the one major bug in Reason! I've emailed the customer support at iZotope - hopefully they will give me the answer.

I also tried to update using Product Portal and it's not there! Surprised that iZotope have missed that one... anyway - it's a simple 1 file download from their website so no big deal.
Check my Soundcloud:

antic604

06 Feb 2018

danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Side-chaining... does it now work?? The answer is... NO. It still doesn't work. Maybe it is me and I'm doing something wrong, but I can't believe that they state that the latest version is Reason 10 compatible and totally ignore fixing the one major bug in Reason!
That's weird (as I said, I'm at work and can't test)...
Were there any other incompatibilities with Reason that they might have meant?

antic604

06 Feb 2018

I got confirmation from iZotope that side-chaining should work now!

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Side-chaining... does it now work?? The answer is... NO. It still doesn't work.
antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018
I just tried side chaining with the updates and can't get it to work. The additional inputs aren't ever active in the rack device. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

06 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2018
danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Side-chaining... does it now work?? The answer is... NO. It still doesn't work.
antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018
I just tried side chaining with the updates and can't get it to work. The additional inputs aren't ever active in the rack device. :(
Question: Do the iZotope products you're testing have VST3's? Asking because I learned via Mike's recent mini review, that with Waves plugins, sidechaining only works with the VST3 plugins. Wondering if that might be the case for iZotope? I only have iZotope RX.

antic604

06 Feb 2018

joeyluck wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Question: Do the iZotope products you're testing have VST3's? Asking because I learned via Mike's recent mini review, that with Waves plugins, sidechaining only works with the VST3 plugins. Wondering if that might be the case for iZotope? I only have iZotope RX.
But Reason 10 doesn't support VST3, so how would that help?

joeyluck

06 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018
joeyluck wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Right. It wouldn't. Unless it works with a wrapper. But just trying to figure out if that is the underlying problem.

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

joeyluck wrote:
06 Feb 2018
antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018

Right. It wouldn't. Unless it works with a wrapper. But just trying to figure out if that is the underlying problem.
There's VST3 options for Ozone and Neutron, but I also only have the VST2 versions installed for Reason. If sidechaining only works in VST3, then that would make sense (though iZotope's comments above seem strange).

danc

06 Feb 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Feb 2018
joeyluck wrote:
06 Feb 2018
I have other VST 2's in Reason that work fine with side-chaining or any other reason for having audio IN on channels other than 1/2. It is an issue with just Neutron.

My version of Neutron 2.01 does have green lights above AUDIO IN 3/4. However... I have connected these up to a kick drum source. Then set the compressor or gate side-chain to EXTERNAL FULL. Nothing changes from when it was set to INTERNAL. This is exactly the same error as it was in the previous version. Erm...????
Check my Soundcloud:

joeyluck

06 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2018
joeyluck wrote:
06 Feb 2018

There's VST3 options for Ozone and Neutron, but I also only have the VST2 versions installed for Reason. If sidechaining only works in VST3, then that would make sense (though iZotope's comments above seem strange).
I was curious as well. The OP mentions it hopefully meaning sidechaining works...and iZotope only says "added support for Reason 10" whatever that means. Maybe would be better for them to say what is now additionally supported in Reason.

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
My version of Neutron 2.01 does have green lights above AUDIO IN 3/4. However... I have connected these up to a kick drum source. Then set the compressor or gate side-chain to EXTERNAL FULL. Nothing changes from when it was set to INTERNAL. This is exactly the same error as it was in the previous version. Erm...????
Hmmm... I haven't tried Neutron 2.01 yet; just the Ozone update. I'll try Neutron now.

danc

06 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
06 Feb 2018
danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Hmmm... I haven't tried Neutron 2.01 yet; just the Ozone update. I'll try Neutron now.
Ozone doesn't have side-chain functionality. Only Neutron. Well - unless you know something I don't?
Check my Soundcloud:

EnochLight

06 Feb 2018

danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Ozone doesn't have side-chain functionality. Only Neutron. Well - unless you know something I don't?
It does - sort of (if you're using Neutron along with it to tap the channels).

MikeMcKew

06 Feb 2018

I haven't done this update yet, but I was curious about this. It's weird to me that Neutron 2's optional audio ins are lit up, but don't appear to do anything. I can confirm that something needs to be fixed there (again, I haven't updated yet but it sounds like this is still an issue.

But! I tried tossing in the original Neutron's compressor as a test and it appears to be working, at least partially. The problem I'm encountering here is that it seems to be listening to the sidechain regardless of whether it's enabled in the plugin. Might not matter too much, but just seems like a weird thing. Here's a picture - notice that the enable/disable button is grayed out but the compressor is still listening to the sidechain:

Anyway, I'd be curious as to why these issues are occurring. Is anyone successfully using sidechain-enabled VSTs in Reason? I'd love to hear which ones work and which ones don't!

danc

06 Feb 2018

MikeMcKew wrote:
06 Feb 2018
But! I tried tossing in the original Neutron's compressor as a test and it appears to be working, at least partially. The problem I'm encountering here is that it seems to be listening to the sidechain regardless of whether it's enabled in the plugin. Might not matter too much, but just seems like a weird thing. Here's a picture - notice that the enable/disable button is grayed out but the compressor is still listening to the sidechain:
I setup the new updated Neutron 2.01 in exactly the same way that you explain here and the side-chain didn't work with EXTERNAL set. I am awaiting for a response back from iZotope on this, as I have asked them for a solution. Will pass on here what they say in reply.
MikeMcKew wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Anyway, I'd be curious as to why these issues are occurring. Is anyone successfully using sidechain-enabled VSTs in Reason? I'd love to hear which ones work and which ones don't!
I'm successfully using the side-chain feature within many VSTs in Reason. The following work fine for me...

- Tokyo Dawn's NOVA parallel dynamic equalizer
- Blue Cat Audio's Late Replies
- Fabfilter Volcano 2
- All of the Kilohearts snap-in VSTs (e.g. Carve EQ)
- etc. the list goes on

So - it doesn't look like a 'Reason can't do it' issue for iZotope.
Check my Soundcloud:

MikeMcKew

06 Feb 2018

danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Did you upgrade to Neutron 2 from Neutron and if so, did you keep it installed? I'm using Neutron (1) in this test. Again, doesn't even work perfectly but at least it does something!

danc

06 Feb 2018

MikeMcKew wrote:
06 Feb 2018
danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Did you upgrade to Neutron 2 from Neutron and if so, did you keep it installed? I'm using Neutron (1) in this test. Again, doesn't even work perfectly but at least it does something!
I upgraded from Neutron 1 Elements to Neutron 2 Advanced.
Check my Soundcloud:

MikeMcKew

06 Feb 2018

Ah okay, I don't know about Elements, I'm using Advanced. Hopefully iZotope can confirm what's going on!
danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018
MikeMcKew wrote:
06 Feb 2018

danc

06 Feb 2018

MikeMcKew wrote:
06 Feb 2018
Ah okay, I don't know about Elements, I'm using Advanced. Hopefully iZotope can confirm what's going on!
danc wrote:
06 Feb 2018

Here is the reply back from iZotope customer support... you won't like the answer!!!
Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to iZotope Customer Care. I’d be happy to assist with this.
While Neutron 2 is largely compatible with Reason 10, sidechaining is not currently supported due to Reason’s unique audio routing system. I apologize for any inconvenience this may present. I will certainly pass along your feedback to the iZotope Development Team for consideration in future updates.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, and thank you for being an iZotope customer!

Sincerely,

Brian
iZotope Customer Care
So... when they say in the 2.01 release notes "Added support for Nuendo 8 & Reason 10." They kind of mean... we've done nothing.... because Neutron 1 and 2 were already working in Reason, apart from the side-chaining!

I will reply to iZoptope and suggest that on the Neutron 2 product page they need to remove Reason from this list...
Supported plug-in hosts
Pro Tools 10-12, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9, Cubase 9, FL Studio 12, REAPER 5, Reason 9.5, Bitwig Studio 2, Studio One 3, Nuendo 7, Sonar, Digital Performer
Because it isn't totally true.
Check my Soundcloud:

antic604

07 Feb 2018

Ok, sorry to have brought everyone's (including my own...) hopes up :(

EnochLight

07 Feb 2018

Meh.. I don’t care that sidechaining isn’t working. Having Ozone 8 Advanced and Neutron 2 Advanced otherwise working in R10 is perfectly fine, IMHO. I have a dozen other side chain options but can still use O2N2.

• Information