Reaktor sequencers

Discuss VST stuff here!
Jimbob983

04 Feb 2018

Hi, sorry if this has been covered before but I am pulling my hair out,what's left of it, trying to get Spiral Reaktor sequencer to sequence Europa.I am running Reaktor 6 as a vst within reason 10 but can't get it to play anything on Europa or any other synths.I have watched some videos but still can't get them to talk to each other.Hope someone can please help? Don't know what I am doing wrong Thanks

mojo

04 Feb 2018

it's symply not possible right now unfortunately.

Jimbob983

04 Feb 2018

Thanks for the reply at least I now know you cant sync them up

kungubu

04 Feb 2018

Jimbob983 wrote:
04 Feb 2018
Hi, sorry if this has been covered before but I am pulling my hair out,what's left of it, trying to get Spiral Reaktor sequencer to sequence Europa.I am running Reaktor 6 as a vst within reason 10 but can't get it to play anything on Europa or any other synths.I have watched some videos but still can't get them to talk to each other.Hope someone can please help? Don't know what I am doing wrong Thanks
It is possible.
Just put Spiral in a blocks ensemble with a UTL-NoteIn connected to Terminal Out ports for gate, pitch and velocity.
Go to the properties for Spiral and select UTL-NoteIn for MIDI Out.
Then on the UTL-NoteIn you choose Channel Intern.
Then you can get the midi from Spiral out as audio into Reason.
Just hook the audio outs of Reasons VST Shell into a Thor, convert the audio to cv, and then hook them up to Europa.
If you want the pitch to track put a MIX-Level between the UTL-NoteIn and the terminal out. About -0.4 usually works.

kungubu

04 Feb 2018

Skärmavbild 2018-02-04 kl. 23.55.26.png
Skärmavbild 2018-02-04 kl. 23.55.26.png (117.07 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Skärmavbild 2018-02-04 kl. 23.55.26.png
Skärmavbild 2018-02-04 kl. 23.55.26.png (117.07 KiB) Viewed 4025 times

Jimbob983

05 Feb 2018

Thanks I'll give it a try ...appreciate your help!

ljekio

05 Feb 2018

You can dig info about OSC to MIDI conversion.
Set Reaktor out by OSC and transfer midi data through virtual midi port.
As example with OSCII-bot by Cockos
https://www.cockos.com/oscii-bot/

But I didnt achieve it.

Jimbob983

06 Feb 2018

Got it all working but the pitch seems off couldn't get the level to -0.4 only seems to go to -0.3 then -0.5?

emilng

23 Feb 2018

You should be able to get the pitch to track correctly if you replace that level block with a pitch block in Reaktor.
Route the audio out from Thor to the audio in for Reaktor.
Route that audio in to the pitch block in.
Run the calibration with the pitch block and it should level the pitch output from Reaktor correctly.
Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 2.41.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 2.41.06 PM.png (67.06 KiB) Viewed 2459 times

ftrgrphr

28 Mar 2018

Couldn't get it to work. Have Reaktor 6 and Reason 10.

Could you guys make an ensamble with this routing and an reason rsn for us? That would help a lot :puf_smile:

Thanks in advance! :reason:

kungubu

28 Mar 2018

ftrgrphr wrote:
28 Mar 2018

Could you guys make an ensamble with this routing and an reason rsn for us? That would help a lot :puf_smile:

I haven't tried the PitchCV-Block route. I haven't had any problems to get the pitch to track the way I showed in my earlier post. I rarely use Spiral though, but it works fine with the blocks sequencers. Here is a reason file with a combinator where spiral is hooked up to a Thor, and another combinator with the bento sequencer and the west coast sequencer is hooked up to 2 Thors. Hope it will help you.
Attachments
ReaktorSQ1.reason.zip
(97.06 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

emilng

28 Mar 2018

I just tried hooking Spiral into a pitch block and it works when I use Reaktor standalone hooked into external hardware, but the pitch doesn't seem to track correctly when using the same technique inside of Reason. I included the Reason and Reaktor files so you can see the technique I'm using.
In Thor, I'm bypassing the amp envelope and using 100% width gate on a single note sequence in order to generate a continuous tone for calibrating the pitch block. The same Thor instance is also used for converting audio to CV. Those CVs are connected to another instance of Thor for generating tones from Spiral.

edit: unfortunately I'm getting an HTTP error when I try to attach the files :(

ftrgrphr

29 Mar 2018

kungubu wrote:
28 Mar 2018
ftrgrphr wrote:
28 Mar 2018

I haven't tried the PitchCV-Block route. I haven't had any problems to get the pitch to track the way I showed in my earlier post. I rarely use Spiral though, but it works fine with the blocks sequencers. Here is a reason file with a combinator where spiral is hooked up to a Thor, and another combinator with the bento sequencer and the west coast sequencer is hooked up to 2 Thors. Hope it will help you.
thank you so much kungubu! going to try this out now... will get back here later on. but again; thank you so much. :puf_bigsmile: really thankful

ftrgrphr

29 Mar 2018

emilng wrote:
28 Mar 2018
I just tried hooking Spiral into a pitch block and it works when I use Reaktor standalone hooked into external hardware, but the pitch doesn't seem to track correctly when using the same technique inside of Reason. I included the Reason and Reaktor files so you can see the technique I'm using.
In Thor, I'm bypassing the amp envelope and using 100% width gate on a single note sequence in order to generate a continuous tone for calibrating the pitch block. The same Thor instance is also used for converting audio to CV. Those CVs are connected to another instance of Thor for generating tones from Spiral.

edit: unfortunately I'm getting an HTTP error when I try to attach the files :(
thank you also emilng. this Thor technique is great - didn't know how to have it "on" all the time for real-time tweaking!

• Information