requesting help replicating a problem with AIR Transfuser

Discuss VST stuff here!
DonnieAlan

17 Jan 2018

For any of you that have AIR Transfuser, could you see if you can replicate an issue for me? One of the FX in transfuser is the "Gater" effect. Its supposed to have some 32 factory created patterns available that you can select off a pull down menu when you call up the gater effect and look at it in the bottom panel on the Transfuser interface. While I can see the pattern pull down menu with the 32 options, nothing changes no matter which one I select. This happens in both AAX and VST modes. I recently upgraded from 2.0.5 to 2.0.7 and no change.

Could some of you Transfuser users see if you can use the gater pattern menu? Please let me know which version of Transfuser you're using. I'm on Windows 10 as well.

I've reported the issue to AIR, but I'd like to investigate a bit further and see if its only Windows, or both Win and Macs, or if earlier versions are okay, etc. Thanks

submonsterz

17 Jan 2018

DonnieAlan wrote:
17 Jan 2018
For any of you that have AIR Transfuser, could you see if you can replicate an issue for me? One of the FX in transfuser is the "Gater" effect. Its supposed to have some 32 factory created patterns available that you can select off a pull down menu when you call up the gater effect and look at it in the bottom panel on the Transfuser interface. While I can see the pattern pull down menu with the 32 options, nothing changes no matter which one I select. This happens in both AAX and VST modes. I recently upgraded from 2.0.5 to 2.0.7 and no change.

Could some of you Transfuser users see if you can use the gater pattern menu? Please let me know which version of Transfuser you're using. I'm on Windows 10 as well.

I've reported the issue to AIR, but I'd like to investigate a bit further and see if its only Windows, or both Win and Macs, or if earlier versions are okay, etc. Thanks
You have misunderstood how to select a preset .
Select gater in FX as you have been and go to bottom panel as you have been.
But the way you trying to select a preset from pattern will not give you any differences by selecting 1 - 32 as yet.
They as you have it are just the initialized blank patterns.
You need to move over to above the dials gate etc to the box there next to the word gater and click in that box on the word gater.
You then get as of standard install around 15 preset choices ie 16th gator and so on.
Select one of those then you will see the preset in the sequencer part of the gater pattern you can program variants of that preset now selecting from 1 - 32 on the pattern drop box as I think there is only pattern one as preset patterns on each.
Hope that is simple enough to follow and figure out enjoy .
Just say if you do not understand I'll help you out via pm .

DonnieAlan

17 Jan 2018

I understand what you're saying, but that is not correct. Patterns 1-32 are supposed to be preset patterns which you can then use in any of the other options, ie 16th, 8th, etc. There is no way to save a pattern to a preset number in the way you described.

Even the manual says:
Pattern (1–32)
From the Pattern selector, select any of the
thirty-two available (1–32) Patterns for playback
and editing.

And the AIR tech support has told me there should be 32 preset patterns there. That's the issue. The menu is there, but no patterns are attached to any of the 32 options.

submonsterz

17 Jan 2018

DonnieAlan wrote:
17 Jan 2018
I understand what you're saying, but that is not correct. Patterns 1-32 are supposed to be preset patterns which you can then use in any of the other options, ie 16th, 8th, etc. There is no way to save a pattern to a preset number in the way you described.

Even the manual says:
Pattern (1–32)
From the Pattern selector, select any of the
thirty-two available (1–32) Patterns for playback
and editing.

And the AIR tech support has told me there should be 32 preset patterns there. That's the issue. The menu is there, but no patterns are attached to any of the 32 options.
I have never known it in any version to have more than the first pattern to be filled with a preset ever in transfuser...
I also have never read the manual but as you say it says 1-32 patterns so I looked yes it's exactly as you wrote but says nothing of having 32 patterns filled with preset settings just it has that many for playback and editing ...
And you save any edited presets in same box I said to select the 15 presets is "save as" it saves in the name you give it into your users presets it saves all patterns in that edited version you make.
Once you have saved a patch it will then offer a lad from user data selection in that menu from there on.
I've all ways edited patterns and never really bothered with the presets to be honest with ya.
So if support say there are supposed to be 32 fully filled pre programmed preset patterns for each of the 15 I've never seen em in any version ...
Sorry I tried helping

DonnieAlan

17 Jan 2018

submonsterz wrote:
17 Jan 2018

I have never known it in any version to have more than the first pattern to be filled with a preset ever in transfuser...
I also have never read the manual but as you say it says 1-32 patterns so I looked yes it's exactly as you wrote but says nothing of having 32 patterns filled with preset settings just it has that many for playback and editing ...
And you save any edited presets in same box I said to select the 15 presets is "save as" it saves in the name you give it into your users presets it saves all patterns in that edited version you make.
Once you have saved a patch it will then offer a lad from user data selection in that menu from there on.
I've all ways edited patterns and never really bothered with the presets to be honest with ya.
So if support say there are supposed to be 32 fully filled pre programmed preset patterns for each of the 15 I've never seen em in any version ...
Sorry I tried helping
I have seen a video, which I can't locate at the moment, that showed the gater options being selected as I said. No, its an issue. Appreciate your response. However, you have confirmed the issue as well. What system are you on, may I ask? Thanks

submonsterz

18 Jan 2018

My system I checked it on last night was a win 10 64bit reason 9.5.1 didn't check in reason 10 as the air problems and few others are bad in it that I reverted back.
I did have it on my last win 7 64bit and it was the same on that just pattern one of all presets filled with edited version rest were just initialised ready to go .
I will when I get round to building my room back up and connecting all my stuff back up try it on my other win XP machine I have that's part of my set up in there but I'm Shure that's not going to be any time soon I'm afraid.

DonnieAlan

18 Jan 2018

submonsterz wrote:
18 Jan 2018
My system I checked it on last night was a win 10 64bit reason 9.5.1 didn't check in reason 10 as the air problems and few others are bad in it that I reverted back.
I did have it on my last win 7 64bit and it was the same on that just pattern one of all presets filled with edited version rest were just initialised ready to go .
I will when I get round to building my room back up and connecting all my stuff back up try it on my other win XP machine I have that's part of my set up in there but I'm Shure that's not going to be any time soon I'm afraid.
Thanks for the info. I'm compiling a list for AIR on this issue.

• Information