FF Saturn on the Master??? WTF? REALLY?

Discuss VST stuff here!
BRIGGS

13 Jan 2018

I'm my quest to simplify my workflow...

First, I was looking for a good Parametric EQ. Then I decided just to use a multiband compressor as an EQ. Then, as a crazy experiment, I tried using Saturn to balance frequencies, compress, and color/saturate.

I feel like I've reached my destination in this long journey!

Anyone have similar results? Are my ears deceiving me?
r11s

aeox
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2018

Saturation on the master isn't crazy at all.

I do this all the time :)

BRIGGS

13 Jan 2018

aeox wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Saturation on the master isn't crazy at all.

I do this all the time :)
Thanks man, thought I was losing it for awhile!!!! :puf_smile:
r11s

tobypearce

17 Jan 2018

Saturn is pretty good!

I remember a cool video tutorial on FF website about different uses - beyond saturation. You've encouraged me to look back into this again.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

BRIGGS

18 Jan 2018

tobypearce wrote:
17 Jan 2018
Saturn is pretty good!

I remember a cool video tutorial on FF website about different uses - beyond saturation. You've encouraged me to look back into this again.
Yep, it's a one stop shop, although I still put a limiter after it (FF pro-L).

It's like the swiss army knife of plugins!!!

BTW, it also seems to flow better than izotope stuff. The interface is super streamlined.
r11s

Reasonable man

19 Jan 2018

I'm only getting into Saturn Now . It and Timeless are emmense. Have had to try and tame the DSP levels and unfortunatly reason requires me to take most of em out on my inserts. I dont like it as a send.
IF anyone bought the Backline Rig bundle , taking the master audio through the Revival's Premap with everything else off has a very similar effect and possibly less taxing on CPU (although i cant be sure).. I've done all the energy saving stuff but Reason is still killing my poor mac's hardrive which is begging to sound like a high speed motorboat these days!

tobypearce

20 Jan 2018

saturn does consume a fair amount of CPU so you do have to use it sparingly. This is different from all the other ff plugins I've used which seem to be so efficient that you can use them with abandon.

I'm careful with DSP usage and, for example even though I loved the GQ-7 I could never use it as my default EQ as it takes a bit of CPU. Pro Q2, on the other hand, is absolutely my go to EQ. Unless I'm looking for something vintage with some character, Pro Q2 is pretty much all I use. It wasn't cheap, but since I haven't got another EQ since I made the investment, it will pay for itself soon enough ;-)
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information