Going to buy the legend has anyone used the VST version

Discuss VST stuff here!
ltbrunt00

12 Jan 2018

I am finally going to break down and buy the legend. I have been using as part of the cheap subscription plan.

Has anyone used the VST version of it? If yes is the VST version CPU friendly like the Rack Extension? Is the VST version prone to crashing?

It is hands down my favorite RE and synth in general. I do use other DAWS from time to time.Ultimately within the next year I will probably buy them both since it is becoming something I can live without now, I do prefer the tight integration with Rack Extensions

"BUT" I can only buy one now. I wish I would have not discovered the VST alternative.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Loque

12 Jan 2018

Never heard of some crossgrade from Synapse, so you need to make a decision. If also prefer RE, but if i just need the synth without modulation i take the vst, because they are more cpu friendly in general.

I hope PH will improve the performance of RE soon or give me real ghosting.
Reason12, Win10

stratatonic

12 Jan 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
12 Jan 2018
I am finally going to break down and buy the legend. I have been using as part of the cheap subscription plan.

Has anyone used the VST version of it? If yes is the VST version CPU friendly like the Rack Extension? Is the VST version prone to crashing?

It is hands down my favorite RE and synth in general. I do use other DAWS from time to time.Ultimately within the next year I will probably buy them both since it is becoming something I can live without now, I do prefer the tight integration with Rack Extensions

"BUT" I can only buy one now. I wish I would have not discovered the VST alternative.
If you buy the RE Legend at full price 99, you can crossgrade for free for the VST version. If the RE happened to be on sale, you would then pay the difference (to Synapse) to get the VST. You'd still pay 99 total.
To do a crossgrade, the Propellerhead receipt (or a link to it) is what you need to give Synapse.

The RE version has been optimized pretty well to the VST version from what I have read here from Synapse.

ltbrunt00

12 Jan 2018

stratatonic wrote:
12 Jan 2018
ltbrunt00 wrote:
12 Jan 2018

If you buy the RE Legend at full price 99, you can crossgrade for free for the VST version. If the RE happened to be on sale, you would then pay the difference (to Synapse) to get the VST. You'd still pay 99 total.
To do a crossgrade, the Propellerhead receipt (or a link to it) is what you need to give Synapse.

The RE version has been optimized pretty well to the VST version from what I have read here from Synapse.
Thank you for the information. I will be buying the RE today and do the crossgrade. I have to many soft Synths and this will be the last one I buy this year.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2018

ltbrunt00 wrote:
12 Jan 2018
I have to many soft Synths and this will be the last one I buy this year.
Well that's what we all say, but we all know it never works out that way :D

mreese80

12 Jan 2018

I have the vst version. I use it all the time. It's my bass plugin for everything. It's exactly the same as rack extension. It doesn't sound any different.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

ltbrunt00

12 Jan 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Jan 2018
ltbrunt00 wrote:
12 Jan 2018
I have to many soft Synths and this will be the last one I buy this year.
Well that's what we all say, but we all know it never works out that way :D
Yeah your sort of right about that but this last year alone I have spent !!WAY!! to much money of instruments and devices. I still have to update to R10, I barely even touch any of my NI Synths and other brands with the exception being Reaktor devices.

After the Legend I will probably get Expanse and call it quits. Then again if Blamsoft came out if something even more spectacular than VK2 and Zero well...........Lets just hope they don't or not until May when I can save some money for the next round of device spending.

antic604

12 Jan 2018

stratatonic wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Not that I don't believe you, but is it written somewhere? I'm interested :)

EdGrip

12 Jan 2018

Have you tried Repro 5 yet, btw? :twisted:

sycon

13 Jan 2018

antic604 wrote:
12 Jan 2018
stratatonic wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Not that I don't believe you, but is it written somewhere? I'm interested :)
For instance here:

viewtopic.php?p=284155#p284155

• Information