Audio Thing

Discuss VST stuff here!
dvdrtldg

10 Jan 2018

Just wanted to have a bit of a gush about these guys because I'm absolutely loving their plugins right now. For a combination of reasonable price, killer sound and elegant UI design they're pretty hard to beat. Especially in a marketplace full of devs all trying to do vintage emulations, these ones really stand out, with heaps of character and all those qualities of "warmth", "analog vibe" etc that everyone likes to crap on about but few really deliver in spades. I'm particularly taken with their Valve Filter and Valve Exciter, both of which are simple units that overdrive beautifully and sound great with very little fussing.

Outer Space is one of the few vintage tape echo plugins that to my mind delivers a proper classic-era 70s dub sound. Fog Convolver is a convolution reverb that probably won't replace your bread-and-butter room/hall/plate devices but will definitely expand your more out-there horizons. Plus it's got a huge fun factor, is just so well designed and fascinating to tweak. And there's lots more, including a weird multi-band filter which is free.

Well worth checking out their stuff, imo they're up there with Klanghelm in the how-do-they-make-such-great-plugins-at-such-low-prices league

https://www.audiothing.net/

• Information