Free Guitar Amp and HP/LP Filter from Black Rooster Audio

Discuss VST stuff here!
miscend

08 Jan 2018

These are both very good tools.

http://blackroosteraudio.com/

Black Rooster Audio is proud to present the Cypress TT-15, our guitar amp head emulation meticulously modeled after a very versatile, yet uniquely sounding low wattage amplifier the Black Rooster Audio Cypress TT-15 comes to you at an unbeatable price point: IT'S FREE! With its no-nonsense approach and only six intuitive controls, the Cypress TT-15 will help to get the job done right away, no matter if you‘re looking for clean through crunchy guitar tones or if you want to achieve biting, distorted lead sounds. We also included a simple 2x12 cabinet simulation that can be bypassed if you prefer other solutions or if you‘re feeding into an external power amp/cabinet stage. Available in VST, AU & AAX.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC CIRCUIT EMULATION
Our real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the head, including pre- and power amp tube stages, the tone filter and the output transformer have been faithfully modeled and matched.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE
DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY
Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT
All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.

ABOUT BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

We're an avid audio software company from Germany that brings you premium quality DAW plug-ins. Our processors can be used in the most popular host applications such as Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic, Ableton Live and many others. We put all our dexterity into contriving and creating the most state-of-the-art software. We want to support you in your everyday recording, mixing or mastering process and provide you with highly creative, inspiring and great sounding tools.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

VHL-3C VINTAGE HIGH/LOW-PASS FILTER

Built around a cascade of two constant-K filters the VHL-3C‘s analog counterpart - a sought-after processor from the early 1950s - comprises an entirely passive design with very musical and interactive pass filters. Offering 3 simple and intuitive controls, the VHL-3C allows you to effectively remove rumble, hum or harsh frequencies from your signals. Set both filter knobs to their extreme positions and you‘ll end up with a narrow telephone-line bandpass.

„So what?“, you may wonder,
Black Rooster Audio will be giving away the VHL-3C for FREE!

Marco Raaphorst

10 Jan 2018

I tried the Cypress TT-15 but hated the sound. Thin and harsh sounding. It sounds like a pedal without any amp simulation.

I deleted the plugin right away. Maybe matter of taste, but this is imo one of the worst guitar amp sims around.

EdGrip

10 Jan 2018

I never tried a Tiny Terror, but they have a bit of a love-it-or-hate-it reputation. One man's "thin and mid-rangey" is another man's "cuts through the mix". The demos on YouTube were NOT my cup of tea.
So for that reason I think it's a weird choice of amp to make a freebie if you want to demonstrate your modelling skills and get people using your plugins.

miscend

17 Jan 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Jan 2018
I tried the Cypress TT-15 but hated the sound. Thin and harsh sounding. It sounds like a pedal without any amp simulation.

I deleted the plugin right away. Maybe matter of taste, but this is imo one of the worst guitar amp sims around.
Hmmm you’re right. It’s more like a pedal. But it shines on synths and for dirtying things up.

• Information