Radio VST

Discuss VST stuff here!
Lizard

05 Jan 2018

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 3941-Radio

I've purchased over the holidays the Radio VST from PluginBoutique. It was (still as time of this post) on sale for $12 (reg $29). I wasn't skeptical in my purchase as I thought it was straight forward what it could do and surely it is. However I was surprised how easy it was to use in Reason, how easy it is to use in general and maybe a few things that I did not realize.

The device operates as a VST or can be used in stand alone. At it's basic level it is a specific software that handles several free digital radio stations which are kept up and added to by the software. They are well categorized as well allowing you go to several styles including jazz, contemporary, ethnic styles and others. So on it's own even when not working in your DAW you can use it to listen while browsing, answering emails and so on. Once you are listening it keeps a buffer of what you listened to. So if you thought you heard something you liked it isn't lost. All you would need to do is go to the WAV window, select the area in the buffer window and choose save selection. This is then added to a list of captured audio for you to reference. It is also saved as WAV files to your hard drive.

From inside your DAW you can drag the clips as audio into your project to create a new audio lane or whatever you want. Reason of course lets you edit the clip and export as more useful audio sample in either WAV or RX2. If you are into hip hop or sample based productions in general this is a great tool. It is still worth it at it's $29 tag but at $12 it is a steal. Plenty of talk radio to sample from and the old time murder/horror/sci fi mystery theater stuff offers sound effects, dialog and great ambient loop material.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

dvdrtldg

05 Jan 2018

Loving the sound of this, will check it out. Thanks!

• Information