Slate VMS and Everything bundle plugins - do they work in versions after Reason 9.5?

Discuss VST stuff here!
cjb123

04 Jan 2018

I recently subscribed to the Slate 'Everything' bundle and bought the Slate VMS cause I heard very high praise from someone with a lot of experience who I trust. However I think I may have made a mistake - from the perspective of using them in Reason I mean. It turns out that beyond Reason 9.5, Slate doesn't officially support Reason (as a DAW that is known to run Slate plugins without unforeseen issues). I'm on 9.5.2 currently. I've tried deleting caches and Prefs and reinstalling etc but no luck. They load fine in Logic though.

After some experimenting I can see the Slate stuff now in Reason's Plugin Manager - but they are either 'Crashed' or 'Could Not Be Loaded'. :(

I've got an appointment with Slate support set up for a few days from now.

In the meantime... a question for anyone running Slate plugins - is it possible at this point to use them in Reason beyond version 9.5.0?

Thanks

MikeMcKew

05 Jan 2018

Well, based on your Logic mention, I'd assume you're on a Mac? What version of MacOS are you on? Maybe someone with more Mac experience can chime in with this.

As for me, I have no issues with my Slate plugins in Reason. Currently on R10, but they worked fine from the onset of R9.5 for me. I'm on a PC though. And I don't think you've made a mistake - they are very very good plugins. Just might take some tweaking to get them to work. :D
cjb123 wrote:
04 Jan 2018
I recently subscribed to the Slate 'Everything' bundle and bought the Slate VMS cause I heard very high praise from someone with a lot of experience who I trust. However I think I may have made a mistake - from the perspective of using them in Reason I mean. It turns out that beyond Reason 9.5, Slate doesn't officially support Reason (as a DAW that is known to run Slate plugins without unforeseen issues). I'm on 9.5.2 currently. I've tried deleting caches and Prefs and reinstalling etc but no luck. They load fine in Logic though.

After some experimenting I can see the Slate stuff now in Reason's Plugin Manager - but they are either 'Crashed' or 'Could Not Be Loaded'. :(

I've got an appointment with Slate support set up for a few days from now.

In the meantime... a question for anyone running Slate plugins - is it possible at this point to use them in Reason beyond version 9.5.0?

Thanks

QVprod

06 Jan 2018

Their site doesn't list Reason 10 as a supported DAW simply because they haven't tested it. Reason 10 is still new and probably pretty low on their priority list. From the Slate site
Slate Digital plugins are not tested in the non-listed DAWs, but they could work. We cannot guarantee a solution for issues in unsupported DAWs.
I'm assuming you tried this already as well as manually enabling the plugins from Reason's VST manager? https://slatedigital.zendesk.com/hc/en- ... gin-Rescan

If so, then best wishes for Slate support to solve the issue for you.

hurricane
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2018

I'm on a Mac running Slate inside the latest version of Reason. I haven't experienced any issues with Slate plugins and I use them frequently...
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

• Information