kHs Slice is out!

Discuss VST stuff here!
EdGrip

14 Dec 2017

And it looks excellent.
https://kilohearts.com/products/slice_eq

And you can get it in a bundle with Carve for 99.

madmacman

15 Dec 2017

Got a demo license yesterday. Indeed - very nice release.

What I like so far:
  1. Clean interface
  2. Resize option
  3. Dedicated "filter" pane
  4. Mid/Side Options
  5. Reference Mode
However, there's one thing I don't like: the analyzer
  • It's not switchable to mono (I always see the distracting red/green bars along with the grey "mix")
  • No real pre/post mode
  • If I try to "simulate" the pre/post via splitter & sidechain input, then the sidechain signal level is lower than the unprocessed main signal (ummm?)

scratchnsnifff

19 Dec 2017

So I have carve, by the sounds of it you have to re purchase it to get the parametric functionality? Is it a whole new purchase or an upgrade?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

20 Dec 2017

madmacman wrote:
15 Dec 2017
Got a demo license yesterday. Indeed - very nice release.

However, there's one thing I don't like: the analyzer
  • It's not switchable to mono (I always see the distracting red/green bars along with the grey "mix")
  • No real pre/post mode
  • If I try to "simulate" the pre/post via splitter & sidechain input, then the sidechain signal level is lower than the unprocessed main signal (ummm?)
Good points all around! Will add them to our list of potential feature additions. Gottta look into that sidechain thing, sounds like a bug...

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

20 Dec 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Dec 2017
So I have carve, by the sounds of it you have to re purchase it to get the parametric functionality? Is it a whole new purchase or an upgrade?
They are two separate plugins, but they are both available in the kHs Equalizers bundle. Since you own one of them, you can log in and upgrade that bundle for a personalized price.

scratchnsnifff

20 Dec 2017

Anders_kiloHearts wrote:
20 Dec 2017
scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Dec 2017
They are two separate plugins, but they are both available in the kHs Equalizers bundle. Since you own one of them, you can log in and upgrade that bundle for a personalized price.

Ahhhh gotchya!! The carve EQ is unique, il have to upgrade because it’s the only vst EQ that I have that’s worth using. And just a side question, can you use the match EQ function when using Reason? I know reasons vst ecosystem doesn’t support the dragging and dropping of samples or songs into vsts at this moment.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Anders_kiloHearts
RE Developer

20 Dec 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
20 Dec 2017
Ahhhh gotchya!! The carve EQ is unique, il have to upgrade because it’s the only vst EQ that I have that’s worth using. And just a side question, can you use the match EQ function when using Reason? I know reasons vst ecosystem doesn’t support the dragging and dropping of samples or songs into vsts at this moment.
No drag/drop is needed really. To import a reference you just can just load a file using a regular file picker.

• Information