Arturia V Collection 6

Discuss VST stuff here!
Lizard

11 Dec 2017

I had trouble with the software when downloading Modualr V. Funny. It finally was all ok.

geronimo

11 Dec 2017

Same thing: after 4 attempts, it was OK. ;)

Libraquaricorn

11 Dec 2017

The Easel is CRAZY! A BEAST!

lzap

12 Dec 2017

Three Grand Pianos from Analog Lab 3: American Init, German Intimite Room and Japanese Jazz Studio. Excuse my lame playing, I just wanted to quickly upload something so you can compare. Looks like PianoTeq finally has a competition in the physical modelling area. Huge step forward for Aturia. The sound engine in AL3 is Piano V2

mreese80

12 Dec 2017

This sounds horrible. Arturia has been trash since 5. 4 was the best imo. They started taking away older sounds and replacing them. The demo video for the new emulations don't sound close to the original. No buy for me
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

fieldframe
RE Developer

12 Dec 2017

lzap wrote:
12 Dec 2017
Three Grand Pianos from Analog Lab 3: American Init, German Intimite Room and Japanese Jazz Studio. Excuse my lame playing, I just wanted to quickly upload something so you can compare. Looks like PianoTeq finally has a competition in the physical modelling area. Huge step forward for Aturia. The sound engine in AL3 is Piano V2

German Intimate Room sounds incredible. Feels like more of a full-bodied solo instrument than the more background-y models in V1. And Japanese Jazz Studio sounds like it should sit very well in a crowded mix.

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2017

Random thoughts:

- I'm still amazed at how much better Piano V2 is compared to 1. I never used V1. Didn't like the sound. I'm really picky about piano sounds, particularly because I've spent so much time in front of a real piano. Piano V2 nails that feeling. I like it more than Pianoteq.

- I'm kinda confused about this fascination plugin manufacturers have with the Clavinet. I have no idea who would use one in "modern" music and who besides Stevie Wonder used one in "old" music. I'm sure you could find some obscure bands/people who used one in songs, but, c'mon. Is the market for Clavinet sounds really that big to devote a whole instrument to it?? I use it but drenched in effects so that it doesn't sound like a Clavinet and more like just something plucky.

- Arturia's V6 is like the ultimate synth collection to make Synthwave.

- All these DX7 emulations....Arturia's has a very fancy GUI and lots of custom presets, yet I still choose to load the same wonky Yamaha ROM bank and use those sounds instead.

- One Arturia instrument that seems to be forgotten is SPARK. I use it, I like it. Secret drum weapon.

- Here's Junkie XL talking about some of his fav synths, with a brief Arturia overview starting at 1:07:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Pi5cEan

16 Dec 2017

Speaking of Spark.. how did you get that? Was it included in a bundle? When I got Arturia 5 it was not included so I just assumed it was discontinued.. I'd love to get my hands on it, but don't know how. If it's a separate buy, I guess I'm out of luck. I will be upgrading my bundle to the latest version after the holidays (before the upgrade special ends), but damn I wish Spark was part of it!

Dante

16 Dec 2017

Just got the Fairlight - awesome recreation - the GUI waveform even animates and can be rotated. Been wanting a Fairlight for a long time. Looking forward to learning the UI. Runs well in reason 10.

tobypearce

16 Dec 2017

lzap your rendition of Bach's Predule in C was exquisite.

It remains one of the greatest pieces of music ever written. I once trawled through many of the different versions on Spotify, and although tastes vary, I much prefer the pianists who treated the piece tenderly, as you did. (And I'm not a fan of the performances that treat the preludes and fugues a exhibition pieces designed to be played as quickly as possible.)

Beautiful. Thanks.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

tobypearce

16 Dec 2017

I still feel a bit bummed about the upgrade price though.

I can't remember how I did it, but the original V3, which I got direct from Arturia, cost me $99. It was some kind of one-off upgrade from a single instrument, which itself was heavily discounted.

I upgraded to V5 earlier this year, for £80 from Native Instruments. This was a big deal as all the UIs have been overhauled and each instrument was made so much more usable.

So I shall wait - I don't think the V6 upgrade price is as great value.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2017

Pi5cEan wrote:
16 Dec 2017
Speaking of Spark.. how did you get that? Was it included in a bundle?
I got it in the V4 bundle. They seem to have dropped it from future bundles.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Pi5cEan

17 Dec 2017

hurricane wrote:
16 Dec 2017
Pi5cEan wrote:
16 Dec 2017
Speaking of Spark.. how did you get that? Was it included in a bundle?
I got it in the V4 bundle. They seem to have dropped it from future bundles.
Dang that sucks. Oh well. Kong/Redrum/Octorex will have to suffice I guess ;)

fieldframe
RE Developer

22 Dec 2017

Arturia Software Center popped up this evening with some updates and somehow I missed something huge (that I didn't see anyone else mention here) - As a V Collection 5 owner, I got a free upgrade to Analog Lab 3. That's nuts, getting all the CMI, DX7, Easel, and Clavinet presets, not to mention the ones from Piano V2!

QVprod

22 Dec 2017

fieldframe wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Arturia Software Center popped up this evening with some updates and somehow I missed something huge (that I didn't see anyone else mention here) - As a V Collection 5 owner, I got a free upgrade to Analog Lab 3. That's nuts, getting all the CMI, DX7, Easel, and Clavinet presets, not to mention the ones from Piano V2!
Right, Analog lab 3 replaces 2 so it's included. Fair to mention though that the presets in Analog Lab (while numerous) are not all the same exact patches in the individual plugins. There are patches for Piano V2 for example that are unique to both. Content is grat, though my issue with Analog Lab is it's so cpu intensive even in Studio One. I barely use it because of that.

jayhosking

22 Dec 2017

QVprod wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Content is grat, though my issue with Analog Lab is it's so cpu intensive even in Studio One. I barely use it because of that.
Huh. I don't doubt you're right, but I've had relatively good luck with CPU usage so far in Reason. I've been running four or five instances in a couple tracks without issue, mainly using the CS-80, Solina, and Oberheim models. Maybe, since they're older emulations, they're less intensive? Or maybe the pianos are more?

QVprod

23 Dec 2017

jayhosking wrote:
22 Dec 2017
QVprod wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Content is grat, though my issue with Analog Lab is it's so cpu intensive even in Studio One. I barely use it because of that.
Huh. I don't doubt you're right, but I've had relatively good luck with CPU usage so far in Reason. I've been running four or five instances in a couple tracks without issue, mainly using the CS-80, Solina, and Oberheim models. Maybe, since they're older emulations, they're less intensive? Or maybe the pianos are more?
Actually, I stand corrected. There seems to have been some optimization in Analog Lab 3. I based my judgements off of version 2 smh. I just ran 8 instances in Reason and still had some room left to add more... and my computer is almost 12 years old. Original quad core Mac Pro from 2006.

^This is what happens when you jump to conclusions. Seems Like I'll actually be using Analog Lab 3 quite a bit more now! :P

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Dec 2017

QVprod wrote:
22 Dec 2017
fieldframe wrote:
22 Dec 2017
Right, Analog lab 3 replaces 2 so it's included. Fair to mention though that the presets in Analog Lab (while numerous) are not all the same exact patches in the individual plugins. There are patches for Piano V2 for example that are unique to both. Content is grat, though my issue with Analog Lab is it's so cpu intensive even in Studio One. I barely use it because of that.
Interesting, it appears most have identical factory soundbanks between Analog Lab and the full instrument, but a few with smaller FSBs don't. From a random sampling:

Analog Lab CS-80: 518 presets
CS-80 V: 518 presets

Analog Lab Jup-8: 514 presets
Jup-8 V: 514 presets

Analog Lab Vox: 182 presets
Vox Continental V: 182 presets

Analog Lab B-3: 83 presets
B-3 V: 83 presets

Analog Lab Stage: 53 presets
Stage-73 V: 79 presets

So of those five pairs I looked at, four V Collection instruments have the same patches as Analog Lab, while one (Stage-73 V, with only 79 presets) only includes a subset.

QVprod

26 Dec 2017

fieldframe wrote:
26 Dec 2017
QVprod wrote:
22 Dec 2017

Interesting, it appears most have identical factory soundbanks between Analog Lab and the full instrument, but a few with smaller FSBs don't. From a random sampling:

Analog Lab CS-80: 518 presets
CS-80 V: 518 presets

Analog Lab Jup-8: 514 presets
Jup-8 V: 514 presets

Analog Lab Vox: 182 presets
Vox Continental V: 182 presets

Analog Lab B-3: 83 presets
B-3 V: 83 presets

Analog Lab Stage: 53 presets
Stage-73 V: 79 presets

So of those five pairs I looked at, four V Collection instruments have the same patches as Analog Lab, while one (Stage-73 V, with only 79 presets) only includes a subset.
Ah ok, then it varies by the instrument it seems.

Aerond

28 Dec 2017

At 199€ the upgrade price is not atractive to me. I'll wait for a 99€ offer or V7.

mreese80

03 Jan 2018

This is dope.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Nov 2018

Did you think the upgrade for V Collection 6 was too expensive at $199? Were you waiting for that mythical $99 upgrade sale? Well, that sale is happening now: https://www.arturia.com/black-friday

Loque

17 Nov 2018

The upgrade price was at 250 most of the time. Even at times where you could buy the complete bundle for the same price. So, yes, i think this upgrade price was a joke. And I paid 250 for V collection including Soundtoys bundle, that makes the upgrade and full price even more a joke. And that Arturia wants 200 for filters that are in their synths and 300 for amps is even more a joke.

They produce good stuff, but the pricing they call from time to time is like punching the customers in the face.. So 99 is ok for a few new synths, but i already have so many...and I would have expected the filters to be part of the V collection.
Reason12, Win10

• Information