Arturia V Collection 6

Discuss VST stuff here!
QVprod

07 Dec 2017

They're also slow about updating stuff on the website. I got Piano V1 with my Kelab 88 I bought earlier this year. Was looking for an upgrade price to Piano V2 and there wasn't one, just the Full $99 price on the product page. I check back today and now V2 is now in my account (wasn't there before). That probably added to a few gripes for people. Happy for the free update though!

hurricane
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2017

The "Japanese Jazz Wide" patch. This is now my go-to piano. Love it.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Libraquaricorn

07 Dec 2017

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2017
Launch offer and upgrade price is the same...and ppl complain about price politics of PH :-D
Launch offer is 399, but when I log in as an owner of v collection 5 I'm offered to upgrade for 199.

jayhosking

07 Dec 2017

In case anyone has the same issues with the sustain pedal in Piano V2, I finally found some information on it while digging around the Arturia boards (from one of the Arturia team):

"There is indeed an issue with the sustain pedal and the Piano V inside Analog Lab 3, thanks for pointing this out. There is a simple workaround, install the demo version of Piano V2 and it will now properly work inside Analog Lab 3. We will quickly fix this issue."

Loque

07 Dec 2017

Libraquaricorn wrote:
07 Dec 2017
Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2017
Launch offer and upgrade price is the same...and ppl complain about price politics of PH :-D
Launch offer is 399, but when I log in as an owner of v collection 5 I'm offered to upgrade for 199.
Launch offer was 199.maybe they changed it :)
Reason12, Win10

Faastwalker

08 Dec 2017

Not sure I'd buy the whole package, although it's tempting at the price. But I'm just playing about with the Buchla Easel V & it sounds fantastic. Tempted to buy just it at $99 US. The way you can scale the GUI and the quality of the sound - I remember reading a forum post over at KVR when Reason got VST support. People were saying stuff like, 'now Reason owners are going to see what they have been missing'. I didn't fully agree with that. But after 20 minutes with the Arturia Easel V demo I can see where they are coming from. This thing is hugely impressive. Seems pretty light on CPU as well. Getting 2-3 bars. Compare that to something like Blamsoft's VK2, which barely works at all on my machine without the dreaded 'computer too slow' message.

jayhosking

08 Dec 2017

I don't know; I kind of feel like we're getting the best of both worlds. I was just tinkering around with one of the Oberheims in the collection, which I built up with the scales and chords and dual arpeggiator players, and then layered on a CS80. It was sounding really great, but after searching around for a Moog bass, I ended up reaching for the Legend and it really tied it all together. Then I futzed with the Arturia pianos until I realized what I actually wanted was the Emotional Piano RE.

Some of these synths are neat and utterly unlike anything currently in the Reason ecosystem, but ultimately I don't think they'll replace much from my current rack.

Lizard

08 Dec 2017

I've owned the V-Collection since version 3 so every year it's an upgrade price of between $149 and $199. Typically there are 3 to 4 new products each year. The Fairlight CMI V for me is probably well worth that on its own in my opinion but getting the DX7, Buchla Easel and Clavinet only sweetens the deal on the upgrade. Look at UVI's Darklight II which is just a fancy sample player for CMI sounds and it sells at $149. When you look at a $399 price for 21 fairly faithful recreations of classic hardware it puts them all at $19 a piece. So the biggest benefit is to the first time buyer in this case. Yes you could buy any at $99-$149 but if you could afford it the best deal is in the collection.

fieldframe
RE Developer

08 Dec 2017

Wow, look at the saltiness among Buchla owners who are disgusted that the plebs now have access to the sound of the I-paid-$5000-for-a-monosynth club: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... nt-1371721
Now, it is easy to mistake anger for elitism in this case. Elitism is the feeling that other people are unworthy– my personal belief is, I have made a strong commitment by purchasing a Buchla– if you made the same commitment, let’s jam! The more the merrier!
"Elitism is feeling that other people are unworthy - anyone can be worthy if they just buy an expensive synthesizer! Come by one of our meetups and noodle with other people who have proven their commitment!"

sdst
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2017

I was watching Buchla hardware videos

It looks good but nothing that I can not do in Reason

like softube modular

QVprod

09 Dec 2017

Just played with Piano V2...... Drastic improvement over V1! I'll probably use it now. New piano models, full parametric eq, new mic positions options...etc... and the new models actually sound better so much better than all the old ones. Amazing work from Arturia. Presets kind of suck, but that seems to be a common developer thing. that player mic position though is the selling point. I'd probably never use it in a mix but I'd use it to record parts for sure.

fieldframe
RE Developer

09 Dec 2017

The only thing I've really used Piano V for is ambient piano (basically the default patch). The other pianos, while not bad per se, never quite felt like they could cut through a mix. Curious how well the ones in V2 perform in that regard.

Also, how is CPU usage? V1 has always seemed to climb noticeably higher than most of the other V Collection instruments.

QVprod

09 Dec 2017

fieldframe wrote:
09 Dec 2017
The only thing I've really used Piano V for is ambient piano (basically the default patch). The other pianos, while not bad per se, never quite felt like they could cut through a mix. Curious how well the ones in V2 perform in that regard.

Also, how is CPU usage? V1 has always seemed to climb noticeably higher than most of the other V Collection instruments.

I haven’t tested cpu usage. Just had a play with it to see the differences. The original grand model from V1 isn’t there. The 3 grands they added still sound synthetic, but they sound really good! Especially the Japanese Grand. If you need something to cut through a mix , the Japanese Grand should do it.

Galaxy

10 Dec 2017

QVprod wrote:
07 Dec 2017
They're also slow about updating stuff on the website. I got Piano V1 with my Kelab 88 I bought earlier this year. Was looking for an upgrade price to Piano V2 and there wasn't one, just the Full $99 price on the product page. I check back today and now V2 is now in my account (wasn't there before). That probably added to a few gripes for people. Happy for the free update though!
Got the NI V5 offer in June. Does this qualify for the V2 piano? Updating the V5 today and didn't see it. And the updates are taking forever to download.

EdGrip

10 Dec 2017

fieldframe wrote:
08 Dec 2017
Wow, look at the saltiness among Buchla owners who are disgusted that the plebs now have access to the sound of the I-paid-$5000-for-a-monosynth club: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... nt-1371721
Now, it is easy to mistake anger for elitism in this case. Elitism is the feeling that other people are unworthy– my personal belief is, I have made a strong commitment by purchasing a Buchla– if you made the same commitment, let’s jam! The more the merrier!
"Elitism is feeling that other people are unworthy - anyone can be worthy if they just buy an expensive synthesizer! Come by one of our meetups and noodle with other people who have proven their commitment!"
Amazing! I left a 100% sincere comment, but it's awaiting moderation.

QVprod

10 Dec 2017

Galaxy wrote:
10 Dec 2017
QVprod wrote:
07 Dec 2017
Got the NI V5 offer in June. Does this qualify for the V2 piano? Updating the V5 today and didn't see it. And the updates are taking forever to download.
I assume you mean Arturia and not NI (native instruments). I don’t have the full V5 so I’m not sure. I suppose it depends on when you bought it. V2 is apart of the new V6 collection. I assume I got the V2 upgrade for free because it comes with the Keylab 88 controller.

lzap

10 Dec 2017

V2 pianos sound DEFINITELY much better, the stock presents are actually usable now. Previously, you had to tune their presets quite much to get decent sound. In V2, it sounds ok. Due to bug, I cannot test with my MIDI sustain pedal, but it sounds much better.

By the way, if you have Analog Lab 2, you are getting 3.0 for free. And Piano V2 is included in this bundle!

lzap

10 Dec 2017

fieldframe wrote:
09 Dec 2017
The UI of Analog Lab 3 is much more snappier by order of magnitude, also the audio engine seems to be faster as well. I was only testing Standalone version so far, but I highly recommend to check their demo.

lzap

10 Dec 2017

For the record, Arturia is aware of the sustain pedal bug. Well, it is Arturia, as we know it :-)

fieldframe
RE Developer

10 Dec 2017

QVprod wrote:
10 Dec 2017
Galaxy wrote:
10 Dec 2017

I assume you mean Arturia and not NI (native instruments). I don’t have the full V5 so I’m not sure. I suppose it depends on when you bought it. V2 is apart of the new V6 collection. I assume I got the V2 upgrade for free because it comes with the Keylab 88 controller.
It was actually NI - they were running a partner promotion with Arturia to promote the V Collection's adoption of NKS. I bought the same deal in June, and while I didn’t get a free Piano V2 upgrade, I did get an offer to upgrade Piano V for $20.

raymondh

10 Dec 2017

Does anyone know if the upgrade price is the same price for all previous Collection versions?

There's nothing in Collection 6 that I want. I'm wondering if it is economically better to stay current, or whether to wait and then pay $199 to jump to Collection 7 when it is eventually released.

QVprod

10 Dec 2017

fieldframe wrote:
10 Dec 2017
QVprod wrote:
10 Dec 2017

It was actually NI - they were running a partner promotion with Arturia to promote the V Collection's adoption of NKS. I bought the same deal in June, and while I didn’t get a free Piano V2 upgrade, I did get an offer to upgrade Piano V for $20.
Ah ok, I was unaware of that.

Libraquaricorn

11 Dec 2017

I just "Buchla'ed" under the pressure and got the upgrade from 5 to 6.... From all of me to all of me, a very merry christmas! :lol:

Galaxy

11 Dec 2017

QVprod wrote:
10 Dec 2017
fieldframe wrote:
10 Dec 2017

Ya it was an NI offer. Looks like an earlier comment confirms we don't get V2 piano. Meh, I got pianos up the wazoo anyways. Did notice that there's updates for the V5 and they took forever to download and some kept hanging. Still yet to download the Arturia Lab V3 update cause it keep stopping with errors. What a horrible plugin manager app. Gonna try again for a 4th time.

QVprod

11 Dec 2017

Galaxy wrote:
11 Dec 2017
QVprod wrote:
10 Dec 2017

Ya it was an NI offer. Looks like an earlier comment confirms we don't get V2 piano. Meh, I got pianos up the wazoo anyways. Did notice that there's updates for the V5 and they took forever to download and some kept hanging. Still yet to download the Arturia Lab V3 update cause it keep stopping with errors. What a horrible plugin manager app. Gonna try again for a 4th time.
Oddly enough I had trouble downloading from their wesite, but the software center app worked perfectly fine for me both with Piano V2 and Analog lab

• Information