Soundtoys freezing Reason?

Discuss VST stuff here!
AzureEyes

02 Dec 2017

Is anyone having problems with Soundtoys freezing Reason? I also noticed I'm missing Primaltap in the browser as well!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

EnochLight

02 Dec 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
02 Dec 2017
Is anyone having problems with Soundtoys freezing Reason? I also noticed I'm missing Primaltap in the browser as well!

Soundtoys has always been buggy for me. I can't even use Sie Q-5 without it crashing Reason at startup.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dvdrtldg

02 Dec 2017

All fine with me on OS Sierra, as long as I remember to stop the sequencer before loading

EnochLight

02 Dec 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Dec 2017
All fine with me on OS Sierra, as long as I remember to stop the sequencer before loading
Lol! That doesn't sound like "all fine". :puf_bigsmile: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dvdrtldg

02 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
02 Dec 2017
dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Dec 2017
Lol! That doesn't sound like "all fine". :puf_bigsmile: :lol:
Well, sure :lol:

But I love those plugins, and I wanna use them. Stopping the sequencer before loading seems like a small price to pay until someone does something about it. I mean once they're loaded, no problems at all

miscend

02 Dec 2017

No issues here. Both Mac and Windows.

AzureEyes

03 Dec 2017

How would i get Reason to scan again. Primaltap still isnt showing up for some reason!

EnochLight

03 Dec 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
03 Dec 2017
How would i get Reason to scan again. Primaltap still isnt showing up for some reason!

Go into your Plugin Window manager and make sure it's not disabled. If you keep restarting Reason and it continues to be disabled, then it is crashing at startup and Reason is disabling it.

AzureEyes

05 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
AzureEyes wrote:
03 Dec 2017

Go into your Plugin Window manager and make sure it's not disabled. If you keep restarting Reason and it continues to be disabled, then it is crashing at startup and Reason is disabling it.
Thanks man! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tobypearce

01 Jan 2018

Thanks for the tip about stopping the sequencer. I was wondering what the conditions were that we’re making Reason freeze when loading soundtoys plugins.

A fix would be good though!!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

tobypearce

07 Jan 2018

Actually in one track I'm working on little plate crashes reliably even if the track is stopped.

I'm going to get in touch with Soundtoys.

tobypearce

24 Mar 2018

The package is still incredibly buggy in Reason.

Whether or not the track is playing or not, some of the plugins crash Reason for me. It's load and hope, which does not feel so good for such otherwise top notch plugins.

MikeMcKew

24 Mar 2018

I haven't had any issues with their plugins. I'm on Windows. Maybe some more info about your system and what you've done to troubleshoot so far would be helpful?
tobypearce wrote:The package is still incredibly buggy in Reason.

Whether or not the track is playing or not, some of the plugins crash Reason for me. It's load and hope, which does not feel so good for such otherwise top notch plugins.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tobypearce

25 Mar 2018

I'm on a Mac. Latest version of Reason, and latest version of the ST plugins.

Runner2x

26 Mar 2018

No issues at all on Windows 8.1 with Reason 9.5.

tobypearce

30 Mar 2018

Just a little bit more from me.

1. When I open a brand new, empty Reason song the ST plugins load up fine and I can't make it hand reason.
2. Plenty of songs on the go, though, will freeze if I try and add an ST plugin. I have not been able to identify what is causing this.
3. This does suggest that it may be something about Reason that's the problem. For some reason when songs get more full, ST plugins will freeze the song and I have to force quit Reason.
4. For a song like this, it doesn't matter what plugin I load - they will all freeze Reason. Except for Little Plate. I note that this is a newer release and even if you buy the whole package you have to download it separately to the main pack. This, contrary to 3, suggests that there is something funky in ST's older code.

Loque

01 May 2018

Holy Moly...Phase Mistress is freezing my machine i had never seen since years. You should probably never try to open the manual from this plugin. Never tried to open the manual from other Soundtoys plugins, but for sure i will not do it again ever with any Soundtoys plugins. I dont know if this works in other DAWs, but that was same crazy reboot time now...

Just check out if they now "tested" and official support Reason and the answer is no. So be warned if you buy and try to use it in Reason.
Reason12, Win10

seqoi

02 May 2018

No issue. Using at Reason 9.5 and 10.

Windows 10 here.

Stunning plugins. Never had issues in Reason or anywhere else (Ableton Live and Reaper). Yes i can open Manuals or whatever. Simply put it works just fine for me and always did.

People with issues should post directly to Soundtoys maybe they have solution for you or something (update) is in pipeline.

---- *** edit:

Regarding older code: there was an issue with Softube, Relab, Soundtoys. Slate etc...for some reason most of the DAW applications (in Windows) where crashing unless you run your DAW with

- right click on icon
- Compatibility tab
- run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8

Then these plugins where not crashing.Note that while that "fix" worked your DAW when running in compatibility mode had performance issues then. And all was pinpointed to how iLok handled some system files. Later ilok updated software and SDK and all these developers released update to their plugins and crashes where gone.

So if you are running older plugins try to update but imho best to send them (softube) support ticket/email

tobypearce

02 May 2018

Further work to zero in on what is causing the issue.

For me, I can load ST plugins pretty reliably when loaded direct in the rack.

When I load them into either a combinator, or an FX combinator as an insert (e.g. on an audio track), the system hangs. Perhaps a combinator makes additional demands on plugins, such as asking for all the assignable parameters or something?

Can anyone else verify this behaviour on a Mac?

Loque

15 May 2018

Found another bug. Looks like the rhythm sequencer for Echo Boy has some problems with editing. It always switches back to the last used and unsynced defined timing, that means, if you try to change the grid resolution on a note-synced grid, it always jumps back to the grid resolution last used in the unsynced editing.

Very annoying.

Also if you lower the repeats, add one step and than increases the steps, they are pretty random.

For me the rhythm feature of Echo Boy is nearly unusable.

Really sad that such great sounding plugins does not seem to be fixed or improved or does anybody else ever noticed an update?
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

15 May 2018

loved their plugs... but removed them all from reason sadly... hassle= zero
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

RandyEspoda

15 May 2018

No issues with Win7...a mac issue it seems...again.

Loque

15 May 2018

RandyEspoda wrote:
15 May 2018
No Mac here...
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

15 May 2018

curse u apple :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

RandyEspoda

15 May 2018

Loque wrote:
15 May 2018
RandyEspoda wrote:
15 May 2018
No Mac here...
Yeah I noticed the post from seqoi, seems to be an iLok related issue.

• Information