Discuss VST stuff here!
pjeudy

02 Dec 2017

fabfilter
Published on Dec 1, 2017
SUBSCRIBE 33K
SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBED UNSUBSCRIBE
Pro-L 2 will be released on December 5, 2017

Mastering engineers Darcy Proper (The Eagles, Donald Fagan, Porcupine Tree) and Sander van der Heide (Rammstein, Junkie XL) check out FabFilter Pro-L 2 at the famous Wisseloord Studios in The Netherlands.

FabFilter Pro-L 2 will become available on December 5, 2017, for EUR 169, USD 199 or GBP 149 at https://www.fabfilter.com/shop. Existing FabFilter customers can purchase an upgrade to FabFilter Pro-L 2 with attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account at https://www.fabfilter.com/myaccount
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

EnochLight

02 Dec 2017

pjeudy wrote:
02 Dec 2017

First impression of FabFilter Pro-L 2

So, metering and one new algorithm is all they really mentioned? Man, I love Fab Filter's approach but I'm looking forward to a more in depth review when it's available (unless metering and a new algo is literally the only new major changes)?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

BRIGGS

02 Dec 2017

r11s

EnochLight

02 Dec 2017

* sigh *

That moment when you possibly regret jumping on an Ozone 8 Advanced license instead of buying all the Fab Filter modules ala cart... :( That said, I did score a legendary deal on Ozone 8 Advanced, so perhaps not. :lol:

Still, I absolutely love Fab Filter's full-screen displays/metering, and their overall look in general (people, THIS is how you do a plugin GUI/UX)! Not sure why iZotope is still stuck in small modules that can't go full-screen.

Assorted musings: I love Dan Worrall's guides/tutorials. The guide he did for Microntonic is one of my favorites. Really wish Propellerhead would hire him to do Reason stuff (though Frank has been "the voice of Reason" for so many years, it would almost be weird at this point).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Reasonable man

03 Dec 2017

I think learning to use a fabfilter bundle is akin to learning an entirley new daw an with all the multiple modes ,stereo unlinking ,mid-side and all the extra parameters that other mixing plugins don't have . You have to spend days ,weeks ,months just figuring out all the different options available! I'm finding it a steep learning tbf. I'm hoping that its gonna pay off at some stage!

BRIGGS

04 Dec 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
03 Dec 2017
I think learning to use a fabfilter bundle is akin to learning an entirley new daw an with all the multiple modes ,stereo unlinking ,mid-side and all the extra parameters that other mixing plugins don't have . You have to spend days ,weeks ,months just figuring out all the different options available! I'm finding it a steep learning tbf. I'm hoping that its gonna pay off at some stage!
Yep, the rabbit hole is deep. Saturn took awhile. The rest look relatively easy now. The modulation sections is almost identical on most of them.

They only LOOK simple at first glance. But, there's plenty going on under the hood.
r11s

EnochLight

04 Dec 2017

Reasonable man wrote:
03 Dec 2017
I think learning to use a fabfilter bundle is akin to learning an entirley new daw
One can easily say the same about learning Ozone Advanced, but yeah - I can only imagine.

AzureEyes

05 Dec 2017

Fucking pissed because I just bought the total bundle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EnochLight

05 Dec 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
05 Dec 2017
Fucking pissed because I just bought the total bundle
D'oh!!!! Wait - let me get this straight... someone is actually pissed at a company other than Propellerhead because they bought software before it went on sale shortly after their purchase?!!!! OMFG - this is history being made, folks! :puf_bigsmile: :lol: jk

Dude, sorry you missed the sale price, though. That sucks.

AttenuationHz

05 Dec 2017

My next FF plug was going to be Pro-G! Wondering if they are planing to update others now or all! C2, Q2 now L2, If I was to buy Pro G what sort of discount would there be if for argument sake in a few months they release a G2. How much is the update from Pro L to L2? Does anyone know?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AzureEyes

10 Dec 2017

I actually got a free update to it. So i am happy. Very good update imo. You get a loudness meter built into it which is nice and very handy. The thing is its very CPU taxing on my macbook. To the point that i cant use it without bouncing every track to audio or just exporting the whole song and mastering in a new project.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

• Information