Liquid Rhythm VST

Discuss VST stuff here!
rogerc

26 Nov 2017

I've recently bought this to use with Reason but find that although the plugin is recognised when I start Reason, I can not use it, getting "failed to open file". It seems to work fine in Live. I contacted the manufacturers, who were sympathetic but said they couldn't guarantee it would work in Reason, being such a recent adopter of VST, but I thought that VST was a standard, so it should work in any VST host. Anyone else had experience of this?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2017

Reason supports VST 2.4 64bit.

When you say Reason recognises it are you saying you see listed in Reason's browser?

What does it say under the "Manage Plugin" (found in the Window menu).

BananaSkins

26 Nov 2017

Yes is it 64bit?

BananaSkins

26 Nov 2017

According to their website there is a link pointing to a compatibility chart, but the link does not work :thumbs_down:

VST, AU, RTAS Plugin Compatibility
Liquid Rhythm is available as a VST, AU, or RTAS plugin. That means whether you’re using Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools 10, Studio One, Sonar, Cubase, or FL Studio, Liquid Rhythm will seamlessly integrate into your workflow.
Because the testing team at WaveDNA are such nerds, we’ve even taken the liberty of showing you exactly how to set up Liquid Rhythm with a pretty wide range of DAW’s.
What’s your favorite flavor?
– Ableton Live 8
– Ableton Live 9
– Logic Pro 9
– Logic Pro X
– Pro Tools 10
– Studio One 2
– Sonar X2
– Cubase 7
– FL Studio
– Garageband
– Ohm Studio
If we missed your DAW, don’t be shy! Send us an angry letter at info@wavedna.com, we’d be glad to include a walkthrough. For your reference we have created a plugin compatibility chart.

https://www.wavedna.com/plugin-compatibility-chart/

Did you send them an ANGRY LETTER as requested! ;)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
26 Nov 2017
When you say Reason recognises it are you saying you see listed in Reason's browser?

What does it say under the "Manage Plugin" (found in the Window menu).
??

starfish91

26 Nov 2017

As I understand it Reason doesn't accept MIDI from VST plugins, at least not yet. I'd love to be able to use Numerology inside of Reason.

tko1970

11 Dec 2018

Run it in jbridge.
1) Install jbridge
2) Install 32 bit versions of liquid rhythm and or liquid music
3) Run jbridge and create bridged files for liquid rhythm and or liquid music from the vst .dll's
4) Now when you run Reason the vst's will load.
5) Liquid Music is tagging the processor on my instance of Reason, but Liquid Rhythm works.
6) I am experimenting with different settings in jbridge to see if Liquid Music will run.
Please update if anyone had any other success.

The other way that I have successfully ran these two plugins is to load them into Reaper.
Then setup midi outputs on the devices in Reaper and send the midi over loop midi to Reason.
This works fine, but Liquid Rhythm will not loop. The loop settings are not available in the
Liquid Rythm VST, only the standalone. I mean really?

Finally I setup in Reaper both VSTs and mapped the midi back to Reason, but turned off the sync.
Now I just create the rough draft in Reaper because all looping and sync internally works.
Then I just hit record on Reason when done, or drop and drag the midi over.

Enjoy!

MDTerps2015

12 Dec 2018

starfish91 wrote:
26 Nov 2017
As I understand it Reason doesn't accept MIDI from VST plugins, at least not yet. I'd love to be able to use Numerology inside of Reason.
I use Bluecat Patchwork for that. I use scaler, instachord and instascale in Reason using Bluecat. Its expensive at 100 bucks but it also has a ton of effects and utilities you can drop right into your Bluecat chain.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

• Information