Looking into Exhale and Vocalise.....

Discuss VST stuff here!
XysteR

25 Nov 2017

I'm looking to expand my 'vocal sounding' arsenal. Been looking into Exhale and Vocalise - Anything else I should look at? I'm kind of torn with these two, but at the moment Exhale is a tiny bit ahead for getting my money..

Psuper

25 Nov 2017

If Exhale had a way to work with our own samples, I would have bought it. Seemed to have enough interesting vocal-specific modifiers I could use on my own stuff. Same with Vocalise, but a sample pack manipulator, albeit another nice one.

Plus I've done away with most sample-based instruments, Kontakt was uninstalled long ago, and most sample-based instruments will be gone from my next system.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

XysteR

25 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
25 Nov 2017
If Exhale had a way to work with our own samples, I would have bought it. Seemed to have enough interesting vocal-specific modifiers I could use on my own stuff. Same with Vocalise, but a sample pack manipulator, albeit another nice one.

Plus I've done away with most sample-based instruments, Kontakt was uninstalled long ago, and most sample-based instruments will be gone from my next system.
Yes I agree. I noticed that you're effectively stuck with what's in with the ability of buying packs. I looked a little further into Exhale and noticed you have to install a fair bit of stuff just to get it working. It just reminds me of the very reason I left the VST world a long time ago, I feel almost foolish to venture back there! It's the same with when I was liking the look of the Eventide reverb, that is until I found I had to install ilok or something just to ease them of their paranoia.

I don't know what to do, I just know that when I use vocals in my music it feels so much more complete. Maybe I should look down alternative paths or just spend more time learning to sing better myself. I think i'll load some random vocals into Grain and see what I can come up with...

Psuper

25 Nov 2017

I hear you, and agree. I record piano and vocal almost exclusively, and occasionally play and sample stuff. But I also like to do heavy vocal 'instruments' with synth voice /vocoder/mangling which is, for me, extremely easy to do within Reason and some creative routing and vocal technique. Went through a bunch over the years, most are kinda crap or too 'obvious' a sound/sample.

Still I'm also always on the lookout for anything 'vocal' in the audio processing world in any flavor, just waiting for the modeled "Formant Angels" or some Vocoder that blows your mind cause it's so outside the box.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

teddymcw

25 Nov 2017

There’s also evoxa for some more processed sample vox stuff at $30 it’s worth a look.

As I understand you can load your own samples into anything kontakt, thus into exhale and vocalise, you just have to go up the signal chain of the kontakt engine if you will. Someone even got shamed for not knowing this on another forum.

tobypearce

26 Nov 2017

I've got both.

I started with vocalise and it was so good that I ended up getting exhale too.

Of the two, vocalise does what I need it too just fine.

Exhale is more powerful and I will find other uses for it - more creative - but in terms of getting some lush vocals into my productions, I really like vocalise and it's quite a bit cheaper.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

XysteR

27 Nov 2017

teddymcw wrote:
25 Nov 2017
There’s also evoxa for some more processed sample vox stuff at $30 it’s worth a look.

As I understand you can load your own samples into anything kontakt, thus into exhale and vocalise, you just have to go up the signal chain of the kontakt engine if you will. Someone even got shamed for not knowing this on another forum.
For that price it seems pretty cool
tobypearce wrote:
26 Nov 2017
I've got both.

I started with vocalise and it was so good that I ended up getting exhale too.

Of the two, vocalise does what I need it too just fine.

Exhale is more powerful and I will find other uses for it - more creative - but in terms of getting some lush vocals into my productions, I really like vocalise and it's quite a bit cheaper.
They were both on sale, because I couldn't decide I ended up getting both - I'm sure they'll get some use.

• Information