Hybrid 3 for 1$ - black friday...

Discuss VST stuff here!
starfish91

27 Nov 2017

Jmax wrote:
27 Nov 2017
Can someone clarify.. do you actually need the physical ilok to run Hybrid 3?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
All you need is the serial number.

BananaSkins

27 Nov 2017

Either install on your usb ilok pace drive pen or install iLok License Manager and register it on there, this must be always running on your system if you want to use Hybrid / Xpand 2 etc...

submonsterz

27 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
27 Nov 2017
Where do you put the Manual install expansions for hybrid tried the folder in the readme but they do not show up.

Mother of fuck. I see what you mean about crashing now with hybird. Pile of shit!!
I did try warn everyone about the air plugs on what seems to be predominantly windows problem.
It's perfectly fine for me and others I talk to off of this site on reason 9.5.1 and it's a great plug for the record and works pretty flawlessly in that version of reason . Air plugs haven't been updated or changed in any way the problem is reason it changed and the problem started in versions above r9.5.1 so it's a propeller head problem as it's obviously a change they made that is causing it.
I'm thinking there is some graphics redraw problem maybe I'm also even in the 9.5.1 and r10 version having a strange problem with FL sliced on closing reopening it does not crash or crash reason but it won't redraw the plugin it just places the plug headset bar at the top stretched across the screen and the tiniest small black strip under it .
Also there's a good few vst I have that won't draw the UI to me as all these work perfectly in all other daws I I'm Shure reason has a graphics problem going on and it's cleaning even more victims on newer versions of reason.

DonnieAlan

27 Nov 2017

submonsterz wrote:
27 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
27 Nov 2017
Where do you put the Manual install expansions for hybrid tried the folder in the readme but they do not show up.

Mother of fuck. I see what you mean about crashing now with hybird. Pile of shit!!
I did try warn everyone about the air plugs on what seems to be predominantly windows problem.
It's perfectly fine for me and others I talk to off of this site on reason 9.5.1 and it's a great plug for the record and works pretty flawlessly in that version of reason . Air plugs haven't been updated or changed in any way the problem is reason it changed and the problem started in versions above r9.5.1 so it's a propeller head problem as it's obviously a change they made that is causing it.
I'm thinking there is some graphics redraw problem maybe I'm also even in the 9.5.1 and r10 version having a strange problem with FL sliced on closing reopening it does not crash or crash reason but it won't redraw the plugin it just places the plug headset bar at the top stretched across the screen and the tiniest small black strip under it .
Also there's a good few vst I have that won't draw the UI to me as all these work perfectly in all other daws I I'm Shure reason has a graphics problem going on and it's cleaning even more victims on newer versions of reason.
Whatever is causing the issue, I'm fairly certain the problem is with Propellerheads and not with AIR. I have no issues running AIR VSTs hosted in other DAWs such as Reaper, or hosted in something like Blue Cat Audio Patchwork. In fact, if you have Patchwork as a VST, you can use that in Reason to host any of the AIR instruments with no issues at all. So, its something in Propellerheads and the way they host VSTs.

AttenuationHz

28 Nov 2017

DonnieAlan wrote:
27 Nov 2017
submonsterz wrote:
27 Nov 2017

Whatever is causing the issue, I'm fairly certain the problem is with Propellerheads and not with AIR. I have no issues running AIR VSTs hosted in other DAWs such as Reaper, or hosted in something like Blue Cat Audio Patchwork. In fact, if you have Patchwork as a VST, you can use that in Reason to host any of the AIR instruments with no issues at all. So, its something in Propellerheads and the way they host VSTs.
I own patchwork Will try it in that! Every crash is related to the VST window being closed. I would hazard a guess it is the exact same assert I reported in the 10 beta!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

RandyEspoda

28 Nov 2017

There is actually one of theirs that works well in Reason, it's Vacuum Pro.
I have Xpand2, Hybrid3 and Vacuum Pro. Xpand2 I can crash easily by opening/closing the vst window very fast for a minute or so.
Hybrid3 hasn't crashed yet on my system but many are saying it does crash, and I did have an issue with its installation.

Vacuum Pro though is working very well, and is very light on CPU. Just saying...

Maybe it's the exception of the rule for Air plugins, but they aren't all that bad.

Quality wise they all sound very good though. Vacuum Pro imo sounds even better than both Xpand and Hybrid...

gdm41

05 Jul 2018

RandyEspoda wrote:
28 Nov 2017
There is actually one of theirs that works well in Reason, it's Vacuum Pro.
I have Xpand2, Hybrid3 and Vacuum Pro. Xpand2 I can crash easily by opening/closing the vst window very fast for a minute or so.
Hybrid3 hasn't crashed yet on my system but many are saying it does crash, and I did have an issue with its installation.

Vacuum Pro though is working very well, and is very light on CPU. Just saying...

Maybe it's the exception of the rule for Air plugins, but they aren't all that bad.

Quality wise they all sound very good though. Vacuum Pro imo sounds even better than both Xpand and Hybrid...
Vacuum Pro on sale right now, i it bought for 99 cent.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... acuum-Pro-

Unfortunately it runs not smooth on my reason 9.5, it crashes, the vst windows is grey and reason unresponsible. Maybe its an issue with all AIR instruments, hence hybrid crashes also on my system.

hopefully it will be fixed.

cheers
gdm
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

Micha1973

05 Jul 2018

Hybrid i own since the first time is a wonderful piece. it works on reason since some years!
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

gdm41

05 Jul 2018

Micha1973 wrote:
05 Jul 2018
Hybrid i own since the first time is a wonderful piece. it works on reason since some years!
are you on a mac?
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

Soeno

05 Jul 2018

on my Windows 10 there aren't any problems - 1 bar on dsp meter

Grinder One

13 Jul 2018

Hybrid 3 again on offer for £1 through vstbuzz

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/hybrid-3/?ref=14

Runs great through Reason on my windows PC, using about the sane DSP as Europa.

dustmoses

24 Jul 2018

Bought Hybrid 3 and it crashed reason 9.5 within 5 minutes.

Stupid decision as xpand2 does the same thing, only out a few dollars however.

Loque

24 Jul 2018

dustmoses wrote:
24 Jul 2018

Waves synth crash under certain circumstances and the fx i have from them often cannot be loaded (even the one that they gavee away for free together with propellerheads). The sound quality is good, but they seem so poor coded that I never would count on them.
Reason12, Win10

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2018

dustmoses wrote:
24 Jul 2018

I read that it's to do with the way the graphics are updated (opening and closing the window).

Once opened pin the window, They have crashed on me but not as often as other people, I don't really use them but I do remember having them pinned open for a few hours without any issues.

demt

07 Aug 2018

never had a problem with hybrid had it a long time praps its exclusivity of its sounds will sirvive regs all these probs.ha ha
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

sawri

03 Sep 2018

I have reached out to Reason about Air Technology. They are washing their hands of it. Im on 9.5.4. I take that its still a problem on the latest version of 10?

EnochLight

04 Sep 2018

sawri wrote:
03 Sep 2018
I have reached out to Reason about Air Technology. They are washing their hands of it. Im on 9.5.4. I take that its still a problem on the latest version of 10?
Seems to be working OK in 10.x so far.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Marc64

04 Sep 2018

Before I upgraded to R10 hybrid3 and xpand2 crashed a lot. Now I haven't had any crashes....YET :)

Iggster

18 Sep 2018

I bought Hybrid 3 yesterday and was playing around with it all night... I had around 12 instances running and it was working like a charm on V12.2. The sounds are absolutely brilliant and totally inspirational for the type of music I'm into - if you're into EDM/dance, you really can't go wrong for a £1!

I haven't tried it an V12.1 but I'm guessing it will work just as well!

Looking forward to a Vacuum Pro night tonight but can't believe they're literally giving these VSTs away!

Edit - I'm running Windows 7.

Loque

18 Sep 2018

Iggster wrote:
18 Sep 2018
I bought Hybrid 3 yesterday and was playing around with it all night... I had around 12 instances running and it was working like a charm on V12.2. The sounds are absolutely brilliant and totally inspirational for the type of music I'm into - if you're into EDM/dance, you really can't go wrong for a £1!

I haven't tried it an V12.1 but I'm guessing it will work just as well!

Looking forward to a Vacuum Pro night tonight but can't believe they're literally giving these VSTs away!

Edit - I'm running Windows 7.
Yea, great synths. Its probably a way to get you into their bundles, which contain a lot of old stuff.
Reason12, Win10

DonnieAlan

21 Sep 2018

sawri wrote:
03 Sep 2018
I've always found AIR pretty responsive and helpful. That said, like many, I too have had some issues with AIR VI's not sitting well in the VST versions inside Reason. On Transfuser, the bottom 1/3 of the interface was blank, which meant you couldn't edit a thing. On Xpand2 there would be freeze ups or crashes, etc etc. Well, I discovered a solution. Blue Cat Audio has a program called Patchwork which allows you to host VSTs and set up all kinds of multi plugin channel strips, or layered VI's and such. I found when I hosted the AIR VI's in Blue Cat's VST version on the Reason rack, all the AIR issues went away! Whatever is causing any issues with AIR seem to be stemming from how Reason reads and hosts VSTs.

Hopefully the next update or two will fix these kinds of issues. I reported to both AIR and the P-heads on all these issues with screen shots and everything else. We'll see....

As for Hybrid 3...always a good buy!!! And the AIR website has some nice additional patch libraries for it at reasonable prices, for those interested. Just scroll down the linked page...you'll find 'em!

Heater

22 Sep 2018

Thanks for the heads up on this bargain.

xylyx

22 Sep 2018

DonnieAlan wrote:
21 Sep 2018

As for Hybrid 3...always a good buy!!! And the AIR website has some nice additional patch libraries for it at reasonable prices, for those interested. Just scroll down the linked page...you'll find 'em!
Just be sure to check out Plugin Boutique before buying any expansions, as they are currently selling a number of them for a $1/£1...

• Information