I wish plugin by polyverse

Discuss VST stuff here!
Dmax

22 Nov 2017

I hope someone can help me here. Ive not been using Reason for that long. I brought a plugin called "I WISH" its made by polyverse and I cant get it to work. It needs audio and midi data sent to it. I can send audio but for the life of me I cant get midi data to it. Can I send midi data to an audio effect unit in reason or shall just get my cash back ?
Any help would be great

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2017

Dmax wrote:
22 Nov 2017
I hope someone can help me here. Ive not been using Reason for that long. I brought a plugin called "I WISH" its made by polyverse and I cant get it to work. It needs audio and midi data sent to it. I can send audio but for the life of me I cant get midi data to it. Can I send midi data to an audio effect unit in reason or shall just get my cash back ?
Any help would be great
Edit: oh i read that wrong
Last edited by aeox on 29 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

22 Nov 2017

I don't know this specific plugin's needs, but depending on what sort of midi data it takes, you should be able to create a sequencer channel for it in Reason.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Dmax

23 Nov 2017

I will have a look at thatthank you. If that dont work I hhink I will have to get a refund :(

platzangst

23 Nov 2017

I've used a Matrix to control this plugin, but I had to load it into a Combinator and then assign the incoming data to I Wish via the Combinator's programmer.

If you want to control it via your keyboard, I suggest you do not add this as an insert effect. Create it by itself with its own sequencer track, then route audio to it from a separate audio source.

esselfortium

23 Nov 2017

FYI: You can create a sequencer track for any device using one of the right-click menu options.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Dmax

23 Nov 2017

Thanks for the info guys I will let you know how I get onwhen I try it tonight after work

Dmax

23 Nov 2017

thanks guys using it with a Combinator worked :)

reddust

29 Mar 2019

Could somebody pls give a more extense explanation of how to get this plugin working? I cannot get it working with either a combinator nor a sequencer track :(

reddust

29 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
29 Mar 2019
Could somebody pls give a more extense explanation of how to get this plugin working? I cannot get it working with either a combinator nor a sequencer track :(
My bad, it is pretty easy to get it working, I just didn't know that the plugin can only be fired using a mido keyboard or controller, otherwise it won't trigger

DJ Ali Phoenix

13 Jan 2020

Hey guys.
I'm struggling with this plugin and still can't get it worked !
I read this topic but yet , no results!

can anyone explain it to me how to get this plugin working step by step?
btw i'm using Reason 10.
Thanks

reddust

14 Jan 2020

DJ Ali Phoenix wrote:
13 Jan 2020
Hey guys.
I'm struggling with this plugin and still can't get it worked !
I read this topic but yet , no results!

can anyone explain it to me how to get this plugin working step by step?
btw i'm using Reason 10.
Thanks
For me it worked by setting the plugin as an effect on a given track (audio or midi).

When that track runs and you hear some sound, you can use an external midi controller to fire the plugin in real time and start modifying the original sound by pressing keys on your controller.

I think you can also make a dedicated track for the plugin in order to have a more precise control of what it's doing. If I remember correctly you select the plugin and clicking on it with the mouse's right button choose to create a track for it and then start writing midi notes and control automations on that new track.

DJ Ali Phoenix

17 Jan 2020

thanks for your response ...
but yet I can't get it worked :D
maybe some screenshots of what exactly you doing for this plugin to work could help me fire this plugin !
thanks anyway guys

reddust

21 Jan 2020

DJ Ali Phoenix wrote:
17 Jan 2020
thanks for your response ...
but yet I can't get it worked :D
maybe some screenshots of what exactly you doing for this plugin to work could help me fire this plugin !
thanks anyway guys
I tried it this weekend again and it was quite easy actually, you just need to put the plugin as an effect for a track that already contains audio and then right click on the "I wish" effect in the rack and create a track for it, in that track you can write midi notes or just use use your keyboard to start using the plugin

*If you don't see the option "create a track" look after another option called "go to track" or "open device track", I don't remember exactly the name, last weekend this happened to me and I cannot tell if the I wish device track was created automatically as I put the effect or if I created it myself but couldn't find it and ended up finding it through this command.

• Information