Right way to install Guitar Rig 5 as a VST ?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Sorcerer

16 Nov 2017

It's the darnedest thing, but somehow I can't figure out the proper way to get Guitar Rig 5 as a vst in Reason 10.

What I do is locate the .dll and tell Reason in which folder it is in the edit => preference => advanced setting. It worked a charm for Spectrasonics but doesn't seem to be working for Guitar Rig. There's a 32 bit and 64 bit dll (I installed both) but neither of them work, for whatever reason Reason 10 doesn't seem to locate the Guitar Rig VST...

Any suggestions?

anthropomorphous

16 Nov 2017

I got mine with Native Komplete which I installed via Native Access which you download from Native Instruments website. Presumably it works the same for single VSTs?

Sorcerer

17 Nov 2017

Aren't you just supposed to show Reason in which folder the adequate dll is ?

The puzzling thing I forgot to mention is that Guitar Rig works fine as a stand-alone but not as a plug-in...

selig
RE Developer

17 Nov 2017

anthropomorphous wrote:
16 Nov 2017
I got mine with Native Komplete which I installed via Native Access which you download from Native Instruments website. Presumably it works the same for single VSTs?
Same here - Native Access puts everything in right place as far as Reason is concerned. I never had to directly point Reason to these plugins. There are NI files in a few places, including the root/library/application support/Native Instruments directory, and in the users/"hidden" library of the same name, as well as stuff in the Applications and Documents folders - but probably simplest to install via Native Access if you didn't do that in the first place (and even if you did, try it again in case something got corrupted or otherwise mis-placed).
Selig Audio, LLC

anthropomorphous

17 Nov 2017

Sorcerer wrote:
17 Nov 2017
Aren't you just supposed to show Reason in which folder the adequate dll is ?

The puzzling thing I forgot to mention is that Guitar Rig works fine as a stand-alone but not as a plug-in...
You specified that you have DLL's but DLL's are non executable which would suggest that they need a host program to launch them. Presumably that host to launch them is either a DAW in VST mode or Native Access and it's associated wizardry as a Standalone application.

• Information