Your favourite EZDrummer EZX expansion kits? Why?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Pralijah

13 Nov 2017

I have EZdrummer and as the original software is limited with kits, I also have Reggae Ezx and the Indie Folk Ezx.

Now, the EZX´s are on sale until Dec 30. Been watching youtube and their site for sound exempels, but find it so difficult to choose one or two of the others. I would love to hear some loose words from those who have more EZX and what they find stands the test in longer terms. They seem to been created under many years so it´s hard to know what is the top quality ones from reading reviews.

I am not so into Metal and not the too electronical side either as that is easy to create with whatever "natural" drumkit with enough effects.

So, to make it easier to give rekommendations I can say I am having my eyes on these:
Traditional Country, Americana, Alt-Rock, Nashville, Funk, Jazz, Southern Soul, Blues...
Are there any pearls among these EZX that is hard to discover without playing with it?
Which are your favourites and why is it so?

I already have A-list ones, RDK2, BFD Core and Jazz/Funk, and also the Soul School refills and a Soulkit from Drumdrops, and som ALTDrum refill.
I might get well along with all these already but since having EZdrummer since R9.5, I am looking to complement these with 1 or 2 EZX.
Make music shake again!

sdst
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2017

Indie folk to me is the best, I tried the pop but i didn't like it and I'm not into metal things

https://www.toontrack.com/product/indie-folk-ezx/

Pralijah

13 Nov 2017

sdst wrote:
13 Nov 2017
Indie folk to me is the best, I tried the pop but i didn't like it and I'm not into metal things

https://www.toontrack.com/product/indie-folk-ezx/
Yes I bought that Indie folk one and Reggae exz as a bundle, because they are different. Indie folk ezx is so warm and roomy but still clear.
Can add that none of the above or the stock drumsets have any "brushes", so one might say that I am looking for the best overall kit that also have a brush. Alt-rock drums sound really interesting for a more roomy clear sound in dense mixes. It has Tampini dräms that seems good.
So if that one is as good as it sounds, I lean on that and one of the ones with brushes: Traditional Country (sound with good presets), Americana (I like that drier laidback style too), or the Nashville, or maybe the Jazz...but the Jazz kit is not needed for me at this moment.
Make music shake again!

sdst
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2017

I also like the Americana it sounds like from the 70s

i can't say about the others, I only have those and the default

Pralijah

13 Nov 2017

sdst wrote:
13 Nov 2017
I also like the Americana it sounds like from the 70s

i can't say about the others, I only have those and the default
Thanks for the points! It helps to hear.

I will probably end up with Americana, if not now, then eventually. I think it´s 70´s approach would work well together with the dry 70`s Reggae kit, as well as I guess that the Trad Country ezx will mix well with the Indie Folk kit. And then I have a sense that the Alt-Rock would work for the more cinematic or pop/rock or symphonic stuff.
Make music shake again!

jayhosking

14 Nov 2017

Considering the "Alt Rock" drums are recorded by Steve Albini in his studio, I'd definitely lean that way (and have been keeping an eye out for sales exactly because of this fact... Albini's drum production is by far my favourite).

• Information