Waves Central Installer crashing computer

Discuss VST stuff here!
ionly

11 Nov 2017

Hi,
Anyone encountering a computer crash trying to install/activate plugs via Waves Central? I've tried numerous times uninstalling/installing the app, and following all the troubleshooting options on their website (deleting folders/disabling anti-vrus and firewalls/deleting all waveshells/installing older version of WC/etc.), but still having this problem. Strangely, if I just try the install option, it sometimes gets to around 80% and then crashes my comp. I've contacted their support, but no correspondence. I've exhausted all the options and am now at a loss as to what is causing this issue. I've ran hardware checks also and all seems to be fine

Cheers

ionly

11 Nov 2017

+ I did a clean install of Win 7 and even upgraded to Win 10 (was going to eventually) thinking that would somehow solve the issue. All my drivers are up-to-date

ionly

11 Nov 2017

Update: WC gets as far as the "preparing online installer" message and bam, my comp shuts down. Any help would be very much appreciated

WillyOD

11 Nov 2017

Do you have a 3rd party Firewall Software installed that is blocking your Interet access? This is a common problem with them, blocking all outgoing connections by default.
You should probably check Waves installer log files (or perhaps Windows Event Viewer) for the actual error since it could be hundred different things going astray.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

ionly

11 Nov 2017

Thanks for your reply.
After executing a few more hardware diagnostic checks today, I've come to the realisation that my CPU is overheating - Windows log and Speedfan confirmed this as a thermal (kernel 86) issue. Internal fan is clean also (I use an additional external fan). Reason and various other programs have now started crashing also. As mentioned, comp's drivers are all up-to-date, so I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue. Damn, I guess I'll have to part with some beer tokens

• Information