strange key triggerbehaviour with VST plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
Mich01

09 Nov 2017

Hello,

Finally I upgraded from R8 to 10. Lot's of fun and a lot to discover yet.
I tried some free VST plugins (Full Bucket synth's, excellent stuff!!)
It works OK, except when I tweak som parameters with my mouse.
When I do that it looks like som kind of note-off command is given thuogh I do not release the key(s) of my keyboard. I have to retrigger the key before I hear any sound then.
This behaviour does not occur when I tweak via a remote setting or automated parameters

Anybody have thema same experience?
Do I have to adjust a setup thing somewhere?

Greetzz Michel

Loque

09 Nov 2017

Due that synths seem to work in other hosts it is a bug in Reason of in combination with it. I have the problems
Reason12, Win10

WongoTheSane

09 Nov 2017

I think Full Buckets' instruments are not coded very well. During R9.5 beta, there were several back and forths regarding Booo, Nabla and Deputy, which didn't work well with the mouse at all: originally, you couldn't move any parameter without playing a note at the same time. Then it was fixed but introduced another problem (can't remember which right now), then that was fixed as well but it brought back the original problem. Another patch later, it was fixed again and that's where we are now. As they are the only VSTis exhibiting this particular behavior, I don't think it's PH's fault at this point. Shame, as they're nice synths, but I've stopped using them for this reason (pun intended).

• Information