Sountoys release Little Plate, free until 11/22/17

Discuss VST stuff here!
MikeMcKew

07 Nov 2017

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/little-plate/

Website is currently down due to high traffic. iLok account required (free if you don't have one already).

If you already own the bundle, you should've already gotten the license deposited to your account. Also, this is especially worth picking up if you're thinking of getting the bundle at some point, because Soundtoys have great upgrade paths from their free plugins.

The plugin is modeled after the classic EMT 140 plate reverb, and pushes beyond the limits of the original unit by allowing a shorter decay time (0.5s instead of 1s) and adding an infinite decay option. There's also a mod switch for randomized pitch variations added to the wet signal. Finally, you can add a low cut from 20Hz to 1kHz.

edit: looks like their website is back up
Last edited by MikeMcKew on 07 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

07 Nov 2017

Thx for headsup.

190MB for a reverb? Well, hopefully its good after taking 30minutes to get to the download page...

Oh dear...iLok update required...and a Reboot! lol...

Finally...first try: Switched some patches and on "Too Second Drums" my speakers were close to an explosion... Yea, i am impressed. Better keep a limiter after it. It seems it has some bugs when switching patches, also may be a problem of Reason. My ears still hurt...
Reason12, Win10

cgijoe

07 Nov 2017

I installed the VST and everything, but when I opened Reason, I got an error (which I failed to capture - my mistake) and realized I had not activated Little Plate to my computer via iLok. I did so and no longer receive the error on start-up, but the VST isn't showing up either. Any tips?

Loque

07 Nov 2017

cgijoe wrote:
07 Nov 2017
I installed the VST and everything, but when I opened Reason, I got an error (which I failed to capture - my mistake) and realized I had not activated Little Plate to my computer via iLok. I did so and no longer receive the error on start-up, but the VST isn't showing up either. Any tips?
Check, if it is installed in the right folder and you downloaded 64bit version for windows. Forget its name, but you may search for something like "lil" or "reverb" in the fx section.
Reason12, Win10

cgijoe

07 Nov 2017

I got it to work by uninstalling the VST and re-installing it on my C: drive. For whatever reason, Reason doesn't recognize the VST if it is not on my main hard drive.

Loque

07 Nov 2017

cgijoe wrote:
07 Nov 2017
I got it to work by uninstalling the VST and re-installing it on my C: drive. For whatever reason, Reason doesn't recognize the VST if it is not on my main hard drive.
You have it in the search folder list?
Reason12, Win10

cgijoe

07 Nov 2017

Yep. I've tried uninstalling it once Reason recognized it from my C: and re-installing it back on my storage drive (F: in this case) where my other VSTs are located, but alas, Reason fails to recognize unless installed to the default VST folder on C.

Loque

07 Nov 2017

cgijoe wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Yep. I've tried uninstalling it once Reason recognized it from my C: and re-installing it back on my storage drive (F: in this case) where my other VSTs are located, but alas, Reason fails to recognize unless installed to the default VST folder on C.
Maybe its an iLok thing if you authorized your host.
Reason12, Win10

RandyEspoda

07 Nov 2017

cgijoe wrote:
07 Nov 2017
It does, you had to check in Reason by going to Window->Manage Plugins. There it was probably just switched to disabled because it wasn't recognized the first time cause it wasn't activated. Next time just check that first before reinstalling ;)

I have it installed in a whole different folder, so it isn't needed to install it in the default folder.

MikeMcKew

07 Nov 2017

I got it installed and working, got to play around with it briefly. It sounds great, and the infinite decay option can create some really cool stuff!

demt

08 Nov 2017

Majestic is what struck me about this delay probably a few more iconic phrases on further exploration
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

DonnieAlan

08 Nov 2017

Whenever you see the word "free" coupled with anything "Sound Toys"....JUMP ON IT! This little plug in has a terrific sound for the right applications. I just experimented with putting it on a heavy saw bass sound I created, and it adds a presence in a way no other fx did.

Sound Toys has great plugins all around, and this one is no exception!

bsp

23 Nov 2017

DonnieAlan wrote:
08 Nov 2017
Sound Toys has great plugins all around, and this one is no exception!
+1

for those who picked it up while it was still free:

you can currently upgrade to the Soundtoys 5 bundle (i.e. all their plugins) for 182e (209$).

i.e. "owning" the free version of little plate knocks another 40$ off the 50% black friday deal !

• Information