Any advantages to buying VSTs through PropShop?

Discuss VST stuff here!
househoppin09

01 Nov 2017

Sorry to make a new thread for this, but the previous couple of times this came up, some months ago, the threads got a bit muddled by peripheral issues. Short and sweet: is there any conceivable advantage to buying a VST through the PropShop instead of any other place around the web? I have yet to buy any VSTs from the Props, so I'm not sure what the process is like. I know that they don't actually provide the VST download or syncing, but they do provide the serial, so maybe it could be considered an advantage to use one's PH account as a centralized repository for VST serials, so as not to have to maintain a list or go rummaging through old e-mails when needing to look one up? Does that make any sense, and can anyone think of any other upside to using the PropShop for VST purchases as opposed to KVR or any of the other sources?

Wickline

01 Nov 2017

Only advantage I see is what you mentioned above. Keeping all your serials in one place. Other than that, there hasn’t been any difference that I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

tiker01

01 Nov 2017

There might be exclusive sales from time to time.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Wickline

01 Nov 2017

tiker01 wrote:There might be exclusive sales from time to time.
Truuuuuue but other places have exclusive sales also. Sooo sometimes props will be better but sometimes not? Lol
I like the convenience of having them all together but I’ll buy from wherever’s cheapest.

miscend

01 Nov 2017

Other vendors are typically cheaper usually

househoppin09

02 Nov 2017

Pretty much as I expected, then. Thanks.

DonnieAlan

02 Nov 2017

A VST is a VST. If its one you want, go for price! If there's a deal at the PropShop, take it! If not, go elsewhere. You'll end up with the same VST either way!

DonnieAlan

02 Nov 2017

And speaking of deals, if this hasn't been mentioned already, be sure to bookmark Audio Deluxe on your browser. They often have deals on some of the best VIs and plugins around....deals you won't get elsewhere. And sometimes, there's special deals where they give you an electronic coupon that takes another 10-20% or so off a discounted price. I always check AD first!

Wickline

03 Nov 2017

DonnieAlan wrote:And speaking of deals, if this hasn't been mentioned already, be sure to bookmark Audio Deluxe on your browser. They often have deals on some of the best VIs and plugins around....deals you won't get elsewhere. And sometimes, there's special deals where they give you an electronic coupon that takes another 10-20% or so off a discounted price. I always check AD first!
Did not know about that site. Thanks for the tip!

CaliforniaBurrito

03 Nov 2017

miscend wrote:
01 Nov 2017
Other vendors are typically cheaper usually
:thumbs_up:

• Information