AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3

Discuss VST stuff here!
DonnieAlan

21 Oct 2017

For those looking for some useful VSTs to add to your rack arsenal, you might take a look at AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3. For a very low price (which I get to a moment) you get nearly 20 VIs and plugins, plus sound expansion libraries. I mentioned in another thread here that for a limited time, you can get AIR Xpand2 absolutely free. By doing that, and registering Xpand2, you will be eligible to upgrade to the ENTIRE AIEP 3 for just $74.99 US.
On top of this if you love the free Xpand!2, you can upgrade it to get the entire AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete with its collection of twenty virtual instruments and progressive sound-design tools for only $74.99 (149.99 list) a saving of 50%.

Or upgrade it to the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Select with its collection of 12 virtual instruments and progressive sound-design tools for only $59.99 (129.99 list) a saving of over 50%.

That's a really great deal. One of the items you'll see on the list is the AIR Creative Collection. This collection of plugins has been included with Pro Tools for a long time. A few new ones have been added here. These are really fine plugins that can be used in a variety of ways.

As I've mentioned before, Transfuser, Structure or Hybrid 3 alone would make this deal worth while, to get ALL of them, plus a dozen more top flight VIs plus plugins for a mere $75 US is no brainer.

One caveat. While the plugins and VIs themselves are ALL superb and well crafted, unfortunately, the downloading and installation process can be a bit of headache (OK, a HUGE headache in some cases). For those with download bandwidth restrictions, it can take a good long while to get everything as you'll need some 65+ gig of space for all the samples that come with the VIs. But, if you can grit it out for the download, install process, you will NOT be disappointed in the performance of these VIs.

No, I do not work for AIR, nor have any reason to recommend them other than, I've used them a long time. I hardly have any projects that don't have at least 1 AIR VI, and/or plugins in it, and usually more than 1. I hardly do anything without Xpand2, Transfuser and Structure. I can attest to how good they all sound. Structure may be the most powerful and versatile virtual sampler on the market. Others may be more popular, but I know of none with more features, or easier to use.

The possibilities of sound design using Reason's unique rack, especially the Combinator, with these VIs and fx, are mind boggling.

PhutureD

25 Oct 2017

A buddy of mine offered to download all of these , otherwise I would not have bothered. It is a serious amount of
quality stuff with the upgrade. Well worth it if u can get it to work.:) Just a matter of disabling pace antipiracy in
windows task manager when experiencing any problems installing Hybrid, otherwise it just rolls back. The rest installs
like any other software.

DonnieAlan

25 Oct 2017

PhutureD wrote:
25 Oct 2017
A buddy of mine offered to download all of these , otherwise I would not have bothered. It is a serious amount of
quality stuff with the upgrade. Well worth it if u can get it to work.:) Just a matter of disabling pace antipiracy in
windows task manager when experiencing any problems installing Hybrid, otherwise it just rolls back. The rest installs
like any other software.
You'll have lots of fun with it I'm sure. There are some really good "how to" videos out there for many of the instruments as well. Please report back how you get on with using them in the Reason rack, especially Transfuser, which had an issue with some of the interface screen showing white space where some important controls should be. This has been reported to both AIR and the P-heads.

The videos on Youtube at the Pro Tools Expert channel by Russ Hughes on the various AIEP instruments are very good, as are the older ones with Phil Jackson which you can find by searching for Pro Tools Accelerated videos. He has a couple on Structure, Transfuser and Hybrid which are all very good.

• Information