Best harmonic exciters out there?

Discuss VST stuff here!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2017

So I'm looking for a good harmonic exciter to use in Reason.

I would love if there were a good RE for this. I've tried both E 202 Exciter and Relight Harmonic Exciter and I didn't like any of them at all. So I guess my only real option is to go the VST route with this one.

I have tried the old Ozone 4(or 5) Mastering plugin and its exciter. That one I found a lot more useful.

I'm thinking about buying the latest Ozone 8 Advanced package since I could use some good mastering tool anyway. But is there a better alternative for harmonic exciters than the one in Ozone?
Any tips?

teddymcw

20 Oct 2017

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Oct 2017
So I'm looking for a good harmonic exciter to use in Reason.

I'm thinking about buying the latest Ozone 8 Advanced package since I could use some good mastering tool anyway. But is there a better alternative for harmonic exciters than the one in Ozone?
Any tips?
Good question, if you haven't played with the Anarchy Effects (scroll down in link) stuff, their 'HarmonicAdder' is more glitchy and artifacty even at highest setting which is CPU hog. Yet still a cool tool for some uses. All free.

http://www.anarchy-rhythms.com/

dvdrtldg

20 Oct 2017

I quite like Waves Vitamin

It's a multiband exciter, with adjustable crossovers and per-band stereo widening. It's good in the upper range on sources that might not have a lot of hi freq content to begin with. Good for crisping up snares and hats too

It's not a magic box and can sound nasty when pushed hard, but definitely has its uses at gentler settings. It's far from being worth the full RRP but at the moment it's $29 which is a good deal imo

cgijoe

23 Oct 2017

Haven't tried it, but I saw it was on sale today and checked out the videos.

Seems pretty usable for having pretty minimal controls. Seems like it can do some nice out-of-the-box exciting!

https://www.waves.com/plugins/scheps-pa ... -particles

CaliforniaBurrito

28 Oct 2017

Might as well just get Ozone 8 Advanced (hopefully they still have the upgrade discount going on). I rarely feel the need for an Exciter but one of my old Proton tracks is going to make my album and it needed some excitement to bring it up to speed with my other tracks. Ozone did what I wanted it to do. :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
28 Oct 2017
Might as well just get Ozone 8 Advanced (hopefully they still have the upgrade discount going on). I rarely feel the need for an Exciter but one of my old Proton tracks is going to make my album and it needed some excitement to bring it up to speed with my other tracks. Ozone did what I wanted it to do. :thumbs_up:
Yeah I might do that.

Maybe I'll try to find a couple of videos on the Vitamin one as well.

CaliforniaBurrito

29 Oct 2017

And the jump from Ozone 5 to Ozone 8 Advanced will put you on a different plane for sure! :D

Wickline

29 Oct 2017

Ozone’s exciter is fantastic. I use it for mastering and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

• Information