Thorn synth with Harmonic Filter

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

19 Oct 2017

Guess we gonna see more synths in the future having some kind of spectral and harmonic filtering like Europa and eXpanse is. This time something new called Thorn ;)

Patches are not that spectacular, but may be lack of sound design. Still sounds like there is some potential in it.

Btw: The price is close to the R10 update :lol:

Reason12, Win10

pjeudy

20 Oct 2017

Downloading now.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

EnochLight

22 Oct 2017

I trialed it and spent some time in the KVR thread that features it. I have issues with the patch browser (in that, there isn't one and you cannot advance or reverse patches with your QWERTY keyboard arrows). Sonically it's not a bad synth, though. The granular sequencer is pretty damn sweet. For movement and pattern based sounds, I liked it a lot.

Still, I'm a preset-tweaker kind of guy, so not being able to move through the presets with my QWERTY keyboard arrows is deal breaker for me. That's one of the big issues I have with Air's Xpand2, as well (though it doesn't hold a candle to Thorn - not even in the same ballpark).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information