iZotope Neutron

Discuss VST stuff here!
holocule

18 Oct 2017

hi does anyone here use izotope neutron? how is your DSP usage with it? it seems to sky rocket every time i use it... any tips on how to lower the DSP?

am0eba

19 Oct 2017

1. Bounce all tracks to audio files and remove the originals:

2. Set the audio buffer really high in Reason Preferences - latency shouldn't really matter when you're at the point you're using Neutron (mix down);

3. close any other programs running;

4. close any Reason windows with animated graphics that you're not using - including Reason's interactive parametric EQ display, the big mixer, and the sequencer as well!

5. Only use the Neutron modules you need - don't just put a full instance of it on every channel in your mix;

6. Strongly recommend mix down to stereo and get rid of multitrack before using Ozone for mastering!

Late 2012 Mac mini: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
1 TB hybrid HD

Reason 9.5.2
Izotope Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 (Music Production Package - got a steal on eBay!)

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

demt

19 Oct 2017

I hear neutron 2 has addressed this issue
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Galaxy

19 Oct 2017

What about the side chain not working?

am0eba

19 Oct 2017

@demt: Neutron 2 still a CPU hog... May be improved (don't know, never used previous versions) but it's giving me problems...

Neutron and Isotope together really bog things down... Lots of stuttering and crackles. Same with Visual Mixer or Tonal Balance Control, when combined with either Neutron 2 or Ozone 8...

Forgot to mention in my previous post: be sure to activate Delay Compensation in Reason!

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

• Information