izotope breaktweaker

Discuss VST stuff here!
demt

17 Oct 2017

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... eaker.html

i was surfing the web when i discovered this and it seems to have break core covered as well as severall other hard core genres, bit pricey but i want it bad.Doesnt seem to hve been mentioned recently just wondering if there are any thoughts on it let alone if theres somewhere i could get it on subscription / hp sale etc
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

RandyEspoda

17 Oct 2017

Only downfall in Reason, as of yet, is that you need to record each lane to a sequencer track because off course there is no copy to track...
but if you route each breaktweaker lane to separate mix channels you do have a bit control over each element 'outside' of the vst, should you need it.

It has a few nifty features like microedit, that I haven't seen elsewhere yet, to get sweet grooves and motions that are else hard to do...
The samples are certainly good quality, and for all kinds of genres. You get 4 expansion packs to go with the vst if you buy it.
I don't use it for hardcore genres, but this is valid for all genres imo...

It only has 6 lanes, so six mix channels when recorded to track. If you need more though just use a 2nd instance...

Another thing we all know about iZotope is also that they rarely publish updates for 'most' of their plugins, and this is no exception.
Been years and still not a single update for this. So beware if you buy this, what you get is what it is and ever will be (probably).

Wouldn't know about subscriptions, but I got this with SE together for less than $100 on plugin boutique during the summer sales, so if/when on sale, you probably won't regret having been patient and having then spent a hundred bucks for stutter edit AND breaktweaker combined.

Off course you should always trial first and judge for yourself...

platzangst

17 Oct 2017

I have it, it's pretty good, with a few caveats.

Even outside of Reason, some of its patches can be pretty CPU-intensive. Inside Reason, it seems to perform even a bit worse, getting the "too slow" box to pop up long before the same thing happens in Reaper.

But it can be a really handy tool to create a whole mess of loops and fills and then "play" them with the keyboard. Plus the microedit feature makes a lot of those glitchy effects easy to whip up.

iZotope does have the occasional sale, especially for repeat customers, so if you're looking for a deal I suggest you subscribe to their mailing list. I don't know if you can expect any super-deep discounts, but sometimes they surprise you with bundles and such.

demt

07 Nov 2017

Isotopes got a sale on and breaktweakers going for 99dollars got it but am having problems with the authoriser sale runs out on the 15th
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

07 Nov 2017

Bump
hear scince reason 2.5

teddymcw

07 Nov 2017

demt wrote:
07 Nov 2017
Isotopes got a sale on and breaktweakers going for 99dollars got it but am having problems with the authoriser sale runs out on the 15th
I got this and Stutter Edit for 100 and there's a few deals for that price out there at various times. So maybe wait till end of this Black Friday month before pulling the trigger. I think I got mine from iZotope site itself or possibly at JRR shop, not sure.

groggy1

08 Nov 2017

Breaktweaker, for me, has its pros and cons.

The effects you can do using Microedit are phenomenal. Makes it really easy to create some great fills, that before I didn't really know how to do manually using samples.

The downsides:
1) It's possible (but very hard) to introduce swing to a beat - so a lot of beats you create in Breaktweaker end-up coming close to what I picture in my head, but I can't get the idea finished. There's a tutorial online on how to add swing, but it basically involves a very hacky process.
2) When you're browsing samples outside of the built-in samples, there's no "sample preview" functionality. So don't expect to be able to go through a large directory of kicks to find just the right one easily

Psuper

08 Nov 2017

This thread got me thinking. What would be the best Reason alternative to the "stutter" changes you see in the microedit in breaktweaker?

It's not the kind of effect I would use often, however It looked like it would be a fun few days messing around with it just to expand some ideas.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

groggy1

08 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
08 Nov 2017
This thread got me thinking. What would be the best Reason alternative to the "stutter" changes you see in the microedit in breaktweaker?

It's not the kind of effect I would use often, however It looked like it would be a fun few days messing around with it just to expand some ideas.
The closest I can think of is Peff's Buffre Beat Repeater. But it's more about repeating a short phrase, rather than creating crazy effects for a single "hit". Maybe someone else knows of another RE that's closer.

I think you can do what Breaktweaker does directly in the Sequencer using the pencil tool, but it's a lot of work :)

EnochLight

09 Nov 2017

Psuper wrote:
08 Nov 2017

Prop's own Syncronous (which now comes with R10).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

mfavila

31 Jan 2018

There's no way to copy the pattern to the reason midi lane right? I've been looking around, but this kind of seems like a shortcoming. I wrote them on Insta, no response haaaa

RandyEspoda

31 Jan 2018

mfavila wrote:
31 Jan 2018
There's no way to copy the pattern to the reason midi lane right? I've been looking around, but this kind of seems like a shortcoming. I wrote them on Insta, no response haaaa
Nope, that's not possible. You have to use the built-in step sequencer.
You can use the backside break-outs on the vst-wrapper to separate all 6 channels to each their own mixer channel,
then you can bounce each channel to audio.
That way you can still, from Reason's sequencer, manipulate each separate element on audio level, but not midi.

• Information