Record the VST sequence or pattern in Reason 9.5

Discuss VST stuff here!
Saul Duarte

27 Sep 2017

Hello everyone,

First of all sorry for my English, I am a French user.

Beginning in Reason 9.5 (former version 1 ^^) I enjoy enjoying my vsts.
My problem in some vst one has the possibility of making pre programmed patterns etc.
Example in the guitars of AMPLES SOUND or on KONTAKT etc ....
How do I save them in Reason 9.5 as if I played them on the keyboard?
In some, there is the possibility of drag and drop or copy to track. But others do not!
A solution ?
Thank you for your answers.

Bonjour à tous,

Tous d'abord désolé pour mon anglais , je suis un utilisateur français.

Débutant dans Reason 9.5 ( ancien de la version 1 ^^) j’apprécie de profiter de mes vsts.
Mon problème dans certains vst on a la possibilité de faire des patterns pré programmer etc .
Exemple dans les guitares de AMPLES SOUND ou sur KONTAKT etc....
Comment les enregistrer dans reason 9.5 comme si je les jouer au clavier?
Dans certain, il y a la possibilité de drag and drop ou copy to track . Mais d'autres non !
Une solution ?
D'avance Merci pour vos réponses.

Loque

27 Sep 2017

It does not work directly. The only chance is midi loop back or you can try to attach any Player on top of your VST, disable it and click on Send To Track. Fingers crossed...
Reason12, Win10

Saul Duarte

28 Sep 2017

Hello,
I suspected it was not possible! What a pity....
Anyway thanks for the quick response !

Bonjour,
Je me doutais que c'etait pas possible ! Quel dommage....
En tous cas merci pour la réponse rapide !

DonnieAlan

02 Oct 2017

Unfortunately there is no direct way to record MIDI data from a plugin or RE in Reason as Reason doesn't have MIDI routing the way a lot of other DAWs do. HOWEVER, there are possible work arounds. One way is to use Patchwork from Blue Cat Audio as the host for your vst in Reason. Blue Cat has the ability to host and stack several VST's together to create chains in many different ways. So, you can use the VST version of Patchwork to host your other instrument, then you can route the MIDI output data from the VI in Patchwork to another VI hosted in another slot in Patchwork, and have its audio output go to Reason. THis works well, for example, using Kirneu Cream, which is a multi layered arp generator.

But what you can NOT do in Reason, until they change how they handle MIDI routing, is record the MIDI output data directly to a Reason MIDI Track, because there is no way to route the MIDI output internally in Reason. This is a real shortcoming in Reason and one they need to soon address in future upgrade or update, especially now that they have VST hosting.

I've contacted the Propellerheads and requested they add MIDI routing to the rack with MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports on the back of rack modules so you can route MIDI however you want. Notice there are not MIDI ports on the back of the Reason players, so you can't route the player data to whatever you wish. Imagine what you could do if they had MIDI routing options on the back of, say, the Dual Arp player. Send out put of Arp 1 to one instrument (or multiple instruments using a MIDI splitter) and Arp2 to a different VI (or multiple VI's) in a layered Combinator set-up. Now THAT would be awesome! Alas, we can't do any of that...YET. (Hint, hint....hint)

dancing fool

02 Oct 2017

Yes. In reason 10.1 midi out for vst.

• Information