Rescanning VST Plugins - How to Stop?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Krell

23 Sep 2017

Hi All,

It seems that when you add or modify a VST plugin on your system Reason rescans the VST folder completely, and this happens each time on startup whenever a VST plugin is added or modified (updated).

The problem is that it takes quite a bit of time to open each plugin and create the screenshot for it (ie if you have many plugins and bundles - you can be talking hundreds).

Reason seems to delete the little screenshot after the rescan, regardless of whether the plugin is changed or not.

Is there a way to disable/change this behaviour as it's a massive time waste and very irritating?

Cheers
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

normen

23 Sep 2017

Wow, that sucks big time. I don't use VST with Reason but I can't see any kind of setting for that either. Definitely something you should send them directly as a feature request bug report via their support mail.

I hate it when software (or hardware) does things like this - mess up your meticulously set up labeling or window arrangement or things like that. If you let me configure it please be able to remember what I did!

Krell

23 Sep 2017

Yep, it's definitely very irritating when you've gone to the trouble of setting it up.

Perhaps it is a bug so I'll file a support ticket.

Cheers
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

• Information