**NEW** O8N2 from iZotope coming this October!

Discuss VST stuff here!
pjeudy

22 Sep 2017

This October, experience the next evolution of mixing and mastering. Get ready for next-level plug-in communication, innovative workflows, and visual and analysis tools that will elevate your mixing and mastering decisions.

Watch the video below, and download the] free Ozone Imager plug-in to get a taste of the future.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mas ... mager.html

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

MikeMcKew

23 Sep 2017

O8 is obviously (probably) Ozone 8, and I would guess that the N2 is for Neutron 2. Should be pretty exciting, can't wait to see what's new.

plasticfractal

23 Sep 2017

Ozone and Neutron are great, but neutron's dynamic eq function doesn't work in Reason. So all those cool videos you saw where an instrment is being dynamically eq'ed in response to the incoming signal from another instrument? Doesn't work. When you plug in an external signal into neutron, and try to do the smart eq thing, Neutron just merges that signal with the signal in the current track. In other words, It's broken. I don't know if it's a Neutron bug or a Reason bug, but since this feature works in other DAWs I'm guessing it's a Reason bug. Hopefully Reason 10 has some vst support improvement, but I'm not holding my breath.

pjeudy

25 Sep 2017

The hype is real lol....

P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

EnochLight

26 Sep 2017

I'm just hoping I don't have to buy Ozone 8 just to upgrade Neutron to version 2.0. I have no need for Ozone right now, but I like working with Neutron.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

02 Oct 2017

Check out @iZotopeInc’s Tweet:

AttenuationHz

02 Oct 2017

From that latest video that would suggest to me anyway that they are merging the two programs, no? P&J, Horse and Cart, Salt & Pepper. :thumbs_up:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ixus

05 Oct 2017

I might upgrade to standard 8

EnochLight

05 Oct 2017

I've got Neutron Advanced, so upgrading to Neutron Advanced 2.0 will set me back $149 USD if I upgrade by October 31st. I'm not sure if I'm sold on it, since I don't own/use Ozone at all. :S
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sdst
Competition Winner

05 Oct 2017

I have to watch that video three times to notice Ozone
Ixus wrote:
05 Oct 2017

I might upgrade to standard 8

pjeudy

05 Oct 2017

Not sure if it makes a difference to anyone but it's also available in the Prpellerheads Shop with an into price:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ign=buffer:

teddymcw

05 Oct 2017

I have some iZotope stuff but can't use most of it in Reason due to CPU and overall integration. Thinking about getting into Reaper a bit when I want to utilize these tools. Any thoughts or experience with all that?

AttenuationHz

05 Oct 2017

pjeudy wrote:
05 Oct 2017
Not sure if it makes a difference to anyone but it's also available in the Prpellerheads Shop with an into price:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... ign=buffer:
Should make a difference the price of the Prop shop is way more expensive than iZotope site. €30+ more for standard €60+ for advanced.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

miscend

06 Oct 2017

It’s expensive being an Izotope user with the annual updates of all their products.

EnochLight

06 Oct 2017

miscend wrote:
06 Oct 2017
It’s expensive being an Izotope user with the annual updates of all their products.
Agreed.

I thought I scored Neutron on a deal when I got it for 30% off 5 months ago, but add in the cost of upgrading to 2.0 and I've paid full price for it. :/ I know, I know - we've heard this before. Still, it stings. From a consumer standpoint, anyway. :D

riemac

06 Oct 2017

I own Ozone 7 Standard. For me the very little new features in the Standard Edition are not justifyieng an upgrade for 99 euro.

demt

06 Oct 2017

Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

synaptyx

06 Oct 2017

I’m not upgrading. Feeling screwed having just got advanced of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Reason 1

platzangst

07 Oct 2017

teddymcw wrote:
05 Oct 2017
I have some iZotope stuff but can't use most of it in Reason due to CPU and overall integration. Thinking about getting into Reaper a bit when I want to utilize these tools. Any thoughts or experience with all that?
I can't speak to Ozone or Nectar specifically, but I did notice that some Izotope plugins (like Breaktweaker) appear to run better in Reaper than Reason. More specifically, Reaper+BT can run more complex patterns without breaking up than Reason+BT, at least on my system.

raymondh

07 Oct 2017

Anyone reckon the upgrade from Ozone (standard) 6 to version 8 would be worth it?

Ahornberg

08 Oct 2017

Maybe this could be a new way of mixing volume and stereo position

and thinking about that I remember there are 2 CV inputs on every mixer cannel in Reason named "level" and "pan" ... maybe a new RE could do a similar job.

something like this with multiple points to move in the x-y-field should do the trick https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ectorizer/

CaliforniaBurrito

09 Oct 2017

synaptyx wrote:
06 Oct 2017
I’m not upgrading. Feeling screwed having just got advanced of both.
I also recently upgraded (although I'm only on Ozone) :crazy: That Tonal Balance Control and referencing is mighty tempting for me though.

As somebody who does twelve hour projects with a few beers down by the time Ozone comes into the scene, this upgrade might just be for me! :D
Last edited by CaliforniaBurrito on 09 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.

demt

09 Oct 2017

plasticfractal wrote:
23 Sep 2017
Ozone and Neutron are great, but neutron's dynamic eq function doesn't work in Reason. So all those cool videos you saw where an instrment is being dynamically eq'ed in response to the incoming signal from another instrument? Doesn't work. When you plug in an external signal into neutron, and try to do the smart eq thing, Neutron just merges that signal with the signal in the current track. In other words, It's broken. I don't know if it's a Neutron bug or a Reason bug, but since this feature works in other DAWs I'm guessing it's a Reason bug. Hopefully Reason 10 has some vst support improvement, but I'm not holding my breath.
anybody got an update on this comment yours worried new owner of both.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

teddymcw

09 Oct 2017

platzangst wrote:
07 Oct 2017
teddymcw wrote:
05 Oct 2017
I can't speak to Ozone or Nectar specifically, but I did notice that some Izotope plugins (like Breaktweaker) appear to run better in Reaper than Reason. More specifically, Reaper+BT can run more complex patterns without breaking up than Reason+BT, at least on my system.
Thanks for this. I spose it'd be good to fire up a diff DAW to learn Reason further. It's just music tech overload rt now, and hard to find patience / time to keep adding things to workflow or my poor CPU.

Ahornberg

09 Oct 2017

I tried this out ... it works with high DSP load (3 mixer channels and stuttering audio) ... but for me this is too visual, it distracts me from my ears ... no thanks, Izotope ... I keep on mixing the "old way" :puf_wink:

• Information