SynthMaster / SynthMaster One bundle - sale and issues

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2017

Having eyed these synths for some time, they are now on sale for a good discount in the props shop and I decided to bite.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... &view=list

I paid for the purchase and got all of the necessary email notifications with serial numbers and download locations, but am getting 504 Gateway Timeout errors when trying to download them from the developer's website.

I put in a support request with the developer, but wondered if anyone else is having this issue.

Goriila Texas

16 Sep 2017

Keep us posted was just about to get it.

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2017

Will do. I also posted the issue on their facebook page and will try twitter as well. Aggravating to say the least, as I was hoping to get familiar with them this weekend. ;-)

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Sep 2017

Okay...So after a couple of days of trying, I finally am getting them to download (albeit very slowly!)...

I followed the link provided in the email and entered my data (email and SN) and got the timeout error. I then went to the user area of the website and clicked on the file link there. It then took me to the same page as the original link in the email (with the info already filled out) and after a bit of back and forth navigating in the browser, they finally showed me a save as dialog.

Just posting this here in case anyone else has similar issues.

riemac

17 Sep 2017

I've bought Synthmaster one yesterday and everything works just fine. Great Synth for this price.

ohmygoff

17 Sep 2017

I bought both VST. Synthmaster won't show up as an instrument in Reason; Synthmaster One gives me the gateway timeout error... Underwhelmed so far.

Edit:

Some time later... Got both VSTs running now, really digging the sound (I've read about Synthmaster sounding 'thin'... well, not to my ears and nothing that can't be polished with some FX)

Unfortunately, the purchase of those VST was the biggest PITA I've ever had with buing add-ons for Reason. It seems as if KV331 have misjudged what their server could handle. Add to that a facebook site not responding on the final day of the sale, and you have something that seems a bit unprofessional...

I wonder if Props apply the same rules for VST sellers in the shop as for RE designers.

Iggster

18 Sep 2017

I tried buying Synthmaster last night but it came back with an 'Out of Stock' message!

Anybody else have this problem?

I think I need to contact PH because looks like these's been other issues with their site but can't seem to find the link! What's the best way to raise a ticket/complaint?

Despondo
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2017

Iggster wrote:
18 Sep 2017
I tried buying Synthmaster last night but it came back with an 'Out of Stock' message!

Anybody else have this problem?

I think I need to contact PH because looks like these's been other issues with their site but can't seem to find the link! What's the best way to raise a ticket/complaint?
The sale was time limited to this weekend, so perhaps you tried to buy after the deadline (time difference?). Dunno, but that might be it. Not sure how a downloadable digital product could be out of stock. ;-)

plasticfractal

18 Sep 2017

I bought Synthmaster One and I can't download it. It just times out.

Iggster

18 Sep 2017

The product was in their shop and I put it in my basket a few times. It did disappear at midnight but I have screenshots of it in the shop and in my basket along with the out of stock messages well before this!

I think PH need to give out some guidance as to actual times sales end especially considering they're a global company operating a global website.

If something isn't available after a certain time it should not appear in the shop! In the UK that's false advertising and the vendor should honour the price they're offering the product for!

Iggster

19 Sep 2017

ohmygoff wrote:
17 Sep 2017
I bought both VST. Synthmaster won't show up as an instrument in Reason; Synthmaster One gives me the gateway timeout error... Underwhelmed so far.

Edit:

Some time later... Got both VSTs running now, really digging the sound (I've read about Synthmaster sounding 'thin'... well, not to my ears and nothing that can't be polished with some FX)

Unfortunately, the purchase of those VST was the biggest PITA I've ever had with buing add-ons for Reason. It seems as if KV331 have misjudged what their server could handle. Add to that a facebook site not responding on the final day of the sale, and you have something that seems a bit unprofessional...

I wonder if Props apply the same rules for VST sellers in the shop as for RE designers.
Well I got in touch with PH and they admitted that their shop was having issues later on Sunday so honoured the price! Hats off to them as they came back within minutes!

Unfortunately although its activated, it will not show up in my list of VSTs even though the dll is in the vstplugins folder. It looks like others have had this issue and have resolved. I'm dying to take this for a spin!

Any ideas anyone?

• Information