Buying a VST through props shop

Discuss VST stuff here!
maceasy

16 Sep 2017

Hello,

In light of the synthmaster sale now on, I can't find any information if, when you buy it, you get a licence to use it in any DAW in any format, or is it licensed through your Reason account to only work in Reason? Which would explain the cheaper price. But I think they should make it clear.

Sale closes tomorrow.

QVprod

16 Sep 2017

It's a regular VST license. The Prop Shop is just like any other store that sells VSTs. Only REs are Reason specific.

maceasy

16 Sep 2017

So the licence will be a general one which works for AU and AAX then? Why don't they say so? It's kind of important.

QVprod

16 Sep 2017

maceasy wrote:
16 Sep 2017
So the licence will be a general one which works for AU and AAX then? Why don't they say so? It's kind of important.
They don't host the download. They give you a serial to register on the developer website. That's how it worked with the Waves plugin I got from the shop. I would assume they don't list all the versions because Reason is only compatible with VST and they're not advertising for competition.

maceasy

16 Sep 2017

Ok, thanks, I just needed to be sure before committing. They might not want to advertise the competition, but if you can use them in other programs which people are bound to have, then it's a bonus, so they will sell more.

Flint32

17 Sep 2017

How about transfer of license? For Re it is a big No. For VST ?

scratchnsnifff

19 Sep 2017

Flint32 wrote:
17 Sep 2017
How about transfer of license? For Re it is a big No. For VST ?
Most developers will do a liscence transfer, kvr has something that's like a "used goods" section with second hand plugins sold by average joes
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information