VCV - (Free) Open-source virtual Eurorack DAW

Discuss VST stuff here!
Libraquaricorn

15 Sep 2017

VCV Rack is the engine powering VCV modules. Add modules, connect cables, edit parameters, and save/load patches. Create generative patches with your mouse, perform with your MIDI keyboard controller, or connect it to your favorite DAW using the Rack Bridge VST/AU plugin (coming soon).

This looks awesome and I'm going to try it out right now:

https://vcvrack.com/

Libraquaricorn

15 Sep 2017

This is really fun! I had no trouble installing it and a few youtube videos later I'm making some complex, noises. The patching is really easy and less fiddly than in Reactor Blocks. I guess this is more like Softube Modular than Reactor Blocks, something in between those two worlds anyway. It's standalone so far. I did not try to "bridge" it in to Reason, but I can record the audio from my patches in Audacity - thanks to a program I use called ASIO Link Pro, I guess - and then import the 24 bit wavs of that into Reason. Saving and loading patches also works like a dream.

Highly recommended for anyone curious about modular synthesis!

joeyluck

16 Sep 2017

This was mentioned in the hardware and other software forum:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7503052

Feel free to keep this topic I suppose with the news of the VST version. I didn't see that mentioned on their site a couple days ago when I downloaded it. Keep us posted on that :thumbs_up:

Libraquaricorn

09 Oct 2017

I'm really looking forward to this moving out of Beta and into VST.

Meanwhile, here are a couple of patches I did:

• Information