Novation Ultra/MiniNova VST Editor does it work?

Discuss VST stuff here!
riemac

10 Sep 2017

I would be interested in this as well. I've heard somewhere that the virus ti control works with reason, but only for one midi channel. Maybe then it works as well for the novation, which is monophonic, right?

swamptooth

15 Sep 2017

Skybot wrote:
09 Sep 2017
Does anybody know if the Novation Ultra/MiniNova VST Editor works well within Reason? :|
I have a mininova and trying to control it via the vst editor on a track, even a simple filter sweep, kills audio.

swamptooth

16 Sep 2017

Skybot wrote:
16 Sep 2017
swamptooth wrote:
15 Sep 2017
I have a mininova and trying to control it via the vst editor on a track, even a simple filter sweep, kills audio.
Oh that sounds bad. :(
Does it kill Reasons audio or Mininovas?
Reasons. Audio in from mininova starts aliasing to hell then get the computer too slow to play song message.
Using EMI no probs except limitations in automation.

Jon Johnson

18 Sep 2017

Hmmm. Won't solve your issues but I run two instances of the JP-08 Midi Editor VST in my sessions with no effect on performance at all. Midi output from the VST goes straight to JP-8 units no problem.
Reason PC, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, AMD FX 8320 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM, RME Digiface+ 3xAD8200, 3xArturia Origin, Virus TI, C15, 16 DSP Scope system, Novation KS Rack and bits of Eurorack :ugeek:

swamptooth

19 Sep 2017

Skybot wrote:
18 Sep 2017
I was too curious and bought a used MiniNova and the VST editor works well here with Reason!
No problems with it. :thumbs_up:

I wonder that i don't even need an EMI to send the MIDI notes to the MiniNova, loading the VST editor on a track and the MiniNova behaves exactly like a VST plugin (except audio of course). I thought Reasons VST implementation doesn't support MIDI out!? :)
So you don't have any issues running the audio back into reason while automating parameters using the editor?
I'll post a video of what happens on my system.

swamptooth

19 Sep 2017

this is what happens to me.
emi has filter cutoff automated as example. mininova editor uses same audio input and filter cutoff automation.

• Information