Change a gate input - output?

Discuss VST stuff here!
holocule

27 Aug 2017

Hi is there a way to change a gate input cv on a vst to become a gate output , so as to to be able to use vst arp's?

Ahornberg

27 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
27 Aug 2017
Hi is there a way to change a gate input cv on a vst to become a gate output , so as to to be able to use vst arp's?
Sadly no. You cannot change any input jack to an output jack.
But you can use ReWire to send MIDI data from another DAW (including VSTs in that other DAW) to Reason.
Just for interest: What particular VST do you want to use?

holocule

27 Aug 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
27 Aug 2017
holocule wrote:
27 Aug 2017
But you can use ReWire to send MIDI data from another DAW (including VSTs in that other DAW) to Reason.
hi the vst in question was kirnu an arp sequencer, i thought maybe that if i could change the input gate to an output gate i might be able to use it to do some nice grooves, thought maybe there might be some clever routing possible, with cv splitters or mergers?... but as i believe you may have said in another post i made, that Reason does not actually fire off midi data... but as i am getting to understand and know Reason better, have discovered that there are cooler ways of doing things, once i fully work them out... thanks REASON IS AWESOME!!! :)

Ahornberg

27 Aug 2017

holocule wrote:
27 Aug 2017
Ahornberg wrote:
27 Aug 2017

hi the vst in question was kirnu an arp sequencer, i thought maybe that if i could change the input gate to an output gate i might be able to use it to do some nice grooves, thought maybe there might be some clever routing possible, with cv splitters or mergers?... but as i believe you may have said in another post i made, that Reason does not actually fire off midi data... but as i am getting to understand and know Reason better, have discovered that there are cooler ways of doing things, once i fully work them out... thanks REASON IS AWESOME!!! :)
Glad to hear that! Reason can send MIDI data out using the EMI (External MIDI Instrument). By sending this MIDI data to an external MIDI loopback app you can feed it back in into Reason. But this will generate some latency.

• Information