Here's a review I did on Waves CLA Mixdown. Hopefully you find it useful!

Discuss VST stuff here!
MikeMcKew

25 Aug 2017

Please subscribe if you haven't already, it would really help me out!

Thanks!

miscend

25 Aug 2017

Nice review! It's a good plugin as well just very easy to overdo it on the compression.

Ahornberg

25 Aug 2017

Do you use it frequently?
Would you recommend it on "every" mix?
Is it worth the money? Now it's on sale for $29 instead of $99.

MikeMcKew

25 Aug 2017

miscend wrote:
25 Aug 2017
Nice review! It's a good plugin as well just very easy to overdo it on the compression.
Thank you! I agree that it is easy to overdo it... particularly, as you mention, with compression. I'd say the same about the drive. Don't want to push it too hard.

MikeMcKew

25 Aug 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
25 Aug 2017
I don't use it very frequently, but I do like what it does. Hopefully this isn't a cop-out, but it's hard for me to recommend something on every mix, because every mix is different. It is a very broad plugin though, so you're likely to get good results a lot of the time.

At that price, I think it's worth it IF you find that you need a little extra something on the master channel that you can't get from other plugins. As I mention in the video, it can of course be used as an insert on any other track or bus, but I haven't experimented much with that.

Hopefully that helps.

Ahornberg

25 Aug 2017

MikeMcKew wrote:
25 Aug 2017
Ahornberg wrote:
25 Aug 2017
I don't use it very frequently, but I do like what it does. Hopefully this isn't a cop-out, but it's hard for me to recommend something on every mix, because every mix is different. It is a very broad plugin though, so you're likely to get good results a lot of the time.

At that price, I think it's worth it IF you find that you need a little extra something on the master channel that you can't get from other plugins. As I mention in the video, it can of course be used as an insert on any other track or bus, but I haven't experimented much with that.

Hopefully that helps.
Thanks! There's one plugin beneath a limiter I use on nearly all tracks with drums (I also do ambient stuff without drums and here it dosen't work well). It's Greg Wells MixCentric and I love it. It does some kind of multiband-compression. I got it on sale for $59 I think.

Exowildebeest

25 Aug 2017

Somehow, Waves even manages to make skeuomorphism look like 1998.

MikeMcKew

25 Aug 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
25 Aug 2017
Somehow, Waves even manages to make skeuomorphism look like 1998.
Hey man, it's vintage. ;)

• Information