Cakwalk VSTs - GUI Does Not Open

Discuss VST stuff here!
rtbull

24 Aug 2017

I have a number of Cakewalk 64 bit VST instruments and effects (Z3TA 2 - bought as a stand alone VST, Percussion Strip 64, and more) that work fine in my Reaper DAW as a VST insert with a normal GUI Window and functionality. In Reason Plugin Manager they appear as enabled, but when I insert the VST the GUI window does not open. For the effects, I can scroll and use the default patches, but without a GUI it's not really functional.

Other VST GUIs (like Ozone, Guitar Rig) open and work fine for me in Reason.

Anyone know what the problem could be with Cakewalk VSTs?

xylyx

24 Aug 2017

z3ta 2 works perfectly for me in Reason but Rapture and Dimension Pro both have the non-existent GUI issue...the Props are aware of this, so hopefully a fix will be forthcoming.

I own Metaplugin which is a modular VST plugin, so I am able to get Cakewalk stuff work by using that as a wrapper...

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2017

I use steam version of z3ta 2+ and it works without problems.

I have this no gui problem only with Computer Music magazine versions of z3ta+ and rapture, where I could play pressets, but cannot see the gui.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Soft Enerji

25 Aug 2017

Interesting! I hadn't noticed this as I have Rapture Pro which works fine and I don't use Rapture or Dim Pro separately anymore.

Soft Enerji

21 Dec 2017

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Now that Gibson have killed Cakewalk :puf_unhappy: I've been playing around, working out which vsts will work in Reason but neither Rapture or Dimension Pro will open yet Rapture Pro (Rapture Pro is the combined version of the 2 synths) does. Z3ta+ won't open but Z3ta+ 2 does. It's no biggie for me as Rapture Pro has all that the two originals have and the same goes for Z3ta+ 2.

I'm just curious as to why this might be the case. Anyone have any ideas?

There are others but I might start another thread once I work out what works and what doesn't.

jasonwilden

19 Feb 2019

Actually for me in Reason 10 Intro none of the Cakewalk instruments, Dimension, Rapture or Z3ta+2 are showing a UI.

These are the only plugins that I've got which don't seem to work.

I'm also not too concerned since Reason is not my primary DAW, I teach music technology and have a copy because a couple of my students use it.

mreese80

20 Apr 2019

Anybody know how to use the ADSR settings in Dimension Pro if they exist? Anybody know how to get to them? I've had this forever but I never used it. And the only cakewalk that won't show up is Dimension Pro but all the libraries are automatically loaded into Rapture Pro if you have them installed already.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

• Information