E-Drums, Superior Drummer, and Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
Jonomack

21 Aug 2017

Hey Guys,

I noticed a lot of talk about Superior Drummer in the forum, but I'm wondering if anyone uses E-drums in this configuration?

Everything seems to work fine for me except for the hi-hat. I have the Roland VH-11 that operates like a real hi-hat, and the open-closed signal sends on CC4. I've never had a problem with this in Garageband using the same setup, so Reason must be stopping these signal from being passed to Superior Drummer.

Have any of you had this problem by chance, and got it to work somehow?

Thanks in advance.

Jonomack

22 Aug 2017

After a bunch of testing, I was able to attach the Reason External Midi instrument to the CC4 signal and noticed that the pedal wasn't exercising the full midi range. I pressed (safely) harder on the pedal, and was able to get the desired response. I adjusted the hi-hat range in the TD-20 module, and now I'm happy.

This is probably an isolated issue resulting from my many tweaks over time that I forgot about, so my answer probably won't help anyone else, but here it is anyway.

Conclusion: Everything works fine, and I have officially lost enough brain cells to have to start writing things down. Thanks for reading!

• Information