Neutron Elements on sale

Discuss VST stuff here!
pongasoft
RE Developer

21 Aug 2017

Neutron Elements (https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... #&panel2-1) is currently on sale for $29... Anybody has tried it with Reason? Is it worth getting?

Thanks

Deep Schulzz

22 Aug 2017

I could not resist this offer because they gave a discount of 100 Euros! I found it easy to install & to authorize. My first impressions = an easy to handle & very useful tool.
Edit: And it works in reason without problems until now.

AttenuationHz

22 Aug 2017

Their music production bundle 2 is on offer too that is worth buying! Is it worth €29 its hard to say, to state the obvious, their element plugs have limited features to the features you get in standard or advanced. The elements plugs are definitely not worth the pre sale price imo they should be much cheaper. If you can upgrade to standard or advanced neutron from €29 elements then it would be worth it. All iZotope plugs are excellent but ridiculously overpriced and them being on sale right now for the discounts they have just proves how overpriced they are. Just goes to show how much of a loss they can afford.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2017

pongasoft wrote:
21 Aug 2017
Neutron Elements (https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... #&panel2-1) is currently on sale for $29... Anybody has tried it with Reason? Is it worth getting?

Thanks
I picked it up the other day to see what it's really all about, very basic, the site I got it from was for £21 + a pack of 50 presets for it (http://www.pluginboutique.com however the price there has already gone back up hence I did not put the full link in).

This track was mastered with it (in Reason)... I did find it hit my track dynamics quite hard but with a little bit tweaking, I ended up with something more reasonable (I think) :)

This was the original track mastered in Reason with normal RE's

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FATCheese

22 Aug 2017

Totally worth it! (if you are not a nerd about frequencies like me but want good starting points)

Edit: And the VST works great in the reason environment!
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

AttenuationHz

22 Aug 2017

FATCheese wrote:
22 Aug 2017
Totally worth it! (if you are not a nerd about frequencies like me but want good starting points)

Edit: And the VST works great in the reason environment!
:lol: you don't need to be a nerd about frequencies to understand how to EQ properly!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

BRIGGS

27 Aug 2017

How is Neutron's cpu hit? Will I have to bounce or what?
r11s

adrian-singleton

28 Aug 2017

Neutron consumes a lot cpu power in Reason but beware of Neutron advanced!!!

I upgraded to the Production Bundle 2 from Neutron standard and after the installation process and authorisation I opened a reason song file which I am currently working on with the usage of ca. 6 instances of Neutron and due to the switching from Neutron standard to advanced it was impossible to play the song, way too much cpu usage!

I think it's a bug because Neutron thinks Reason supports 7.1 mixing.
The standard version gives you a warning that only the advanced version is supporting 7.1 mixing but after the upgrade you got multiple controls for all those 7.1 channels that do not exist in Reason and the cpu consumption explodes and made it impossible for me to play a reason song which was started with multiple instances of the Neutron standard plug-in.

My solution was to install and authorize all the plug-ins included in the Production Bundle (got one key for all the vsts) and after that I deauthorized Neutron advanced and authorized it again with the original key which downgradet it to the standard version and now I can load and play my reason songs with the Neutron standard version like before. This does not affect the functionality of all the other plug-ins included in the bundle.

So if anyone is thinking about to upgrade to the Production Bundle 2 (maybe from Ozone standard) and has no Neutron standard licence key he may run into some cpu consumption problems when using Neutron advanced in Reason!
"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis [1998]

• Information