UAD Plugins and Reason fixed?

Discuss VST stuff here!
QVprod

27 Sep 2017

Stepping in here before things get out of hand. At this point people are frustrating each other for no reason.

From reading through, obviously we're all aware there are UAD issues in Reason. Not taking sides, but there is a clear (proven) explanation of what causes the issue and why it's not an issue in other DAWs in this post here viewtopic.php?p=351809#p351809.
So I actually installed Reason 9.5 on my main mixing computer to test this and lo and behold - Reason runs the UAD at 64 samples no matter what..

Lets take that as what it is. No one from Propellerhead commented in this thread so no one knows what the future is, and whether or not there will ever be a fix. It's unfortunate that some purchased the upgrade to 9.5 specifically to use UAD plugins and ran into this issue. The 9.5 beta only ran here for a month, and the only way Propellerhead would have caught this beforehand is if they themselves had owned UAD plugins and hardware (it's very likely they didn't). Truth is at this point, there's nothing that can be done but to wait and see if there's ever a fix. Arguing about surely wont do anything.

Please keep this thread civil. I'll have to lock it otherwise.

miscend

27 Sep 2017

Propellerheads should just make an announcement that they do not officially support non native plugins. I don’t see how DSP plugins will work with combinators and all the crazy routing.

Krell

27 Sep 2017

See that's the problem; they've said they support VST plugins. UAD plugins are pretty widely used, particularly in professional scenarios so the natural assumption is that they would have been tested and the caveat applied at launch of VST support. Personally I purchased 9.5 after a 10+ year time away from Reason because of VST support, so that was a $500 purchase made under the assumption that UAD would work as well as any other DAW. At this point I'm unable to use a pretty central part of my workflow in the Reason platform. I understand that making that assumption was probably stupid but there was no evidence to the contrary.

I hope Propellerhead are able to fix the problem at some stage, but I suppose we'll just have to see what happens.
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

spikey

27 Sep 2017

Stepping in here before things get out of hand.
I appreciate your (and most others) thoughts on this but its already reached that point when the "gentleman" above blamed me for believing (and then buying) Propellerhead's new Reason software just because I (and many others) assumed it should/would work with UAD plugins. I'm sure that I am not alone in believing that UAD plugins would work since common sense dictates that if they worked well in most other DAWs, it should in Reason as well. And I don't blame Propellerhead (even if there was no disclaimer) for missing this, as contracts and timelines have to be met. So as long as it is addressed I'm ok. I'm a reasonable guy, to a point and there's the rub. What I have seen here so far, is that it was touched on by PH once just after 9.5 was released and after that nothing. A new status report on this issue would be nice for the many of us who do own the Apollo (Firewire and USB)Interface. A 5 second "We are working on this issue please have patience" would satisfy many.

FlowerSoldier

28 Sep 2017

I run an Apollo Twin and the plugins run perfectly at the preamp stage. That's why I bought the dang thing. Frankly, I have plenty of other comps, verbs, and miscellaneous shit to make chains out of. The SHARCS are supposed to do the heavy lifting after all.

spikey

28 Sep 2017

I run an Apollo Twin and the plugins run perfectly at the preamp stage.
Your Apollo Twin is USB-3? Mine is Firewire and that may be an issue?

Krell

28 Sep 2017

Mine's Thunderbolt and has issues.
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

QVprod

29 Sep 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
28 Sep 2017
I run an Apollo Twin and the plugins run perfectly at the preamp stage. That's why I bought the dang thing. Frankly, I have plenty of other comps, verbs, and miscellaneous shit to make chains out of. The SHARCS are supposed to do the heavy lifting after all.
Of course theres no issues when using the unison preamps/console software. The plugins aren't running inside of Reason when used within the console software. The issue only occurs if you load it as a UAD effect inside of Reason.

Ixus

29 Sep 2017

That is good to know, Im in the marked for a new interface and the Apollo Twin is on my list of candidates, as well as RME Babyface Pro.
I wouldnt be running the plugs in Reason just preamp stage.
It's still bothering me that there seems to be alot of issues with Reason and plugins. Maybe V10 will have some updates to this we dont know of.. probably not :P

spikey

29 Sep 2017

It's still bothering me that there seems to be alot of issues with Reason and plugins. Maybe V10 will have some updates to this we dont know of.. probably not :P
Yea it would be really nice to know what "fixes" are included with version 10 before purchase.
Mine's Thunderbolt and has issues.
Thanks for that info- looks like it's not just Firewire then that has issues.

FlowerSoldier

29 Sep 2017

Mine is the Thunderbolt Mk 1 and it runs with no issues. Well, it does get really hot, but apparently that's normal.

jlgrimes

29 Sep 2017

spikey wrote:
23 Aug 2017
From the looks and no replies, I guess I have my answer.... :cry:
I have Reason 9.5 with UAD but I havent tried using these plugins in Reason I think I tried initially with no issues but I have to try when I get back in town.

spikey

29 Sep 2017

Figured out (God Bless Youtube!) how to rewire multiple tracks of Reason into Logic X, and then use the UAD plugin's inside of Logic X on the Reason (Thor) tracks without a problem. I guess that will be my workaround until this gets fixed, but this does work.

friday

05 Oct 2017

Just for info on my system the UAD plugins work with 128 samples, don't know why!
128 samples.png
128 samples.png (271.42 KiB) Viewed 3230 times

normen

05 Oct 2017

The panel shows the actual round trip latency, including added latency from plugins. Make sure you only use UAD plugins that have no additional latency for this test.

• Information