Other DAWs and native plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
dvdrtldg

20 Aug 2017

My main DAW apart from Reason is WaveLab, and I really love its mastering plugins. Is there any way to access these in Reason, or are they completely sandboxed within WL? (I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but just in case there's some cool trick I wasn't aware of)

groggy1

21 Aug 2017

Sorry I don't know the answer on Wavelab...

But I can tell you that it's pretty common that DAWs ship with plugins that are "locked" to the DAW. They do this to upsell us to the higher "Premium" version that comes with these extra plugins often...

E.g. I own Sonar, and it comes with several VST effects that are locked to Sonar. And similarly, the effects that came with SoundForge are also locked to that app.

Ahornberg

21 Aug 2017

Which particular WaveLab plugins do you want to use in Reason?

BRIGGS

21 Aug 2017

Maybe try to scan your daw's directory...those vsts may show up. If you like them that much, it may be worth a shot.
r11s

Ahornberg

21 Aug 2017

Maybe rewire with Reason (I don't know if WaveLab works as a ReWire host).

dvdrtldg

21 Aug 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
21 Aug 2017
Mostly the Master Rig. I can make a similar setup using REs in Reason, but I've been getting great results with Master Rig in WL and want to try it elsewhere

Anyway, I just found a review of WL9 that specifically states you can't use Master Rig as a plugin within another host. Boo.

Ahornberg

22 Aug 2017

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Aug 2017
Ahornberg wrote:
21 Aug 2017
Mostly the Master Rig. I can make a similar setup using REs in Reason, but I've been getting great results with Master Rig in WL and want to try it elsewhere

Anyway, I just found a review of WL9 that specifically states you can't use Master Rig as a plugin within another host. Boo.
To become sure about MasterRig, just ask Steinberg about how it can be used outside WaveLab ;)

• Information